none
SSRS issue "The Report Server Windows service is not responding to RPC requests. The service may not be running." RRS feed

• Question

• Experts,

I am in huge trouble right now, and see your expertise for the solution. environment is sql 2012.

SSRS reports configuration manager not letting me delete/restore encryption keys. those are only two option which is available to me on configuration manager currently, no backup/change encyrtion option as grayed out.

now its totally stopped and I cant see anything even the servies are running its keep giving me error to delete/restore encryption keys which I am not able to whenever I tried from command prompt or configuration manager it giving error.

"The Report Server Windows service is not responding to RPC requests.  The service may not be running." while RPC services are running and I have even rebooted the server and tried restarting ssrs services...

situation is even worst that I don't recall encryption password while snk file is there. so I have to move just 5-6 reports from that server, is there any solution available????

Thursday, July 2, 2015 9:08 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi, 

Thank you for your question.  

I am trying to involve someone more familiar with this topic for a further look at this issue. Sometime delay might be expected from the job transferring. Your patience is greatly appreciated.  

Thank you for your understanding and support. 

Thanks,
    Shrek Li

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 1:47 AM
  • it was iswebservice check in rsconfig file which makes it resolved
    • Marked as answer by skc_chat Tuesday, July 7, 2015 2:05 PM
    Tuesday, July 7, 2015 2:04 PM