none
HIS 2006 how to monitor LU 6.2 APPC sessions ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have set up an HIS 2006 Server for APPC communications over ip dlc, it's working, no problem about that, but how to monitor ? I need only something basic, just to see is everything is still ok.

Thanks

Laurent THALER

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:31 AM

Answers

• Thanks Stephen, but I was more expecting something like a transaction count or something similar, like perfmon counters... but now I remember something about perfmon counters and HIS... they are only available on console session, it doesn't work with terminal server :-(

Laurent THALER

• Marked as answer by Laurent THALER Friday, September 28, 2012 11:14 AM
    Friday, September 28, 2012 11:14 AM

All replies

• Laurent,

Most customers will check the activity of sessions using SNA Manager. If you open SNA Manager and then click on the Local or Remote APPC LUs that you are interested in, you will see a list of the active sessions.

You don't really want to keep SNA Manager open all the time to monitor sessions as processing the status updates especially if they update frequently (such as APPC sessions) can cause some issues with SNA Manager.

You can also use the Diagnostics (display.exe) tool (in SNA Manager under Tools -> Diagnostics) to check the active LU 6.2 Sessions. Run the Diagnostics tool, click the LU6.2 Sessions tab, and then click the Active LU 6.2 button to see the active sessions.

You can also use the APPC Test tab to test particular APPC sessions if you want to verify that a session can be established over a Local APPC LU/Remote APPC LU/Mode triplet.

You can also monitor the Application event log to watch for events indicating problems with the IP-DLC connections or APPC session related errors.

Hope this helps.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 1:30 PM
  • Thanks Stephen, but I was more expecting something like a transaction count or something similar, like perfmon counters... but now I remember something about perfmon counters and HIS... they are only available on console session, it doesn't work with terminal server :-(

Laurent THALER

• Marked as answer by Laurent THALER Friday, September 28, 2012 11:14 AM
    Friday, September 28, 2012 11:14 AM