Trying it out... RRS feed

• Question

•  

Ok here is where I am at.  I have been given the task of evaluating new AV solutions for the company.  We are currently on Trend OSCS Ed 8.0.  I am leaning hard towards MS Forefront as it is already running on our Edge server.  I downloaded the trial ISO setup a 2003 Virtual Server ran all the windows updates installed all the prereqs for the MMC and that is as far as I get.  I can not install the ForeFront server edition on my server and can not get the client side installed on my vista test machine (not vm ware).  What is the issue or solution with installing ForeFront?  I can post the log file or screen shots of the erros if needed.

Number of verifications started: [10/3/2007 4:59:11 PM]

[10/3/2007 4:59:12 PM] Verification(Verifying operating system requirements)

[10/3/2007 4:59:12 PM] Verification(Verifying hardware requirements)
    Warning: Having two or more processors is recommended for the specified component(s).  Recommended processor speed (in MHz): 2850
    Warning: More RAM is recommended for the specified component(s).  Recommended RAM (in MB): 2048
    Error: More disk space is required for the specified component(s).  Required available disk space on drive  (in MB): 7680
    Error: More disk space is required for the specified component(s).  Required available disk space on drive C (in MB): 2710

[10/3/2007 4:59:15 PM] Verification(Verifying software prerequisites)
    Error: Group Policy Management Console (GPMC) is not installed.
    Warning: SQL Reporting Services 2005 SP1 is not installed.
    Error: The SQL Server 2005 Integration Services Component must be installed.
    Error: SQL Server 2005 Backward Compatibility Component must be installed.

[10/3/2007 4:59:37 PM] Verification(Verifying collection database)
    Error: Could not contact SQL Server FOREFRONT-TEST.

[10/3/2007 4:59:38 PM] Verification(Verifying access to collection server)

[10/3/2007 4:59:39 PM] Verification(Verifying DAS account)
    Error: The password is incorrect or this account is not valid: Administrator

[10/3/2007 4:59:39 PM] Verification(Verifying access to reporting server)

[10/3/2007 4:59:40 PM] Verification(Verifying reporting database configuration)
    Error: Could not contact SQL Server FOREFRONT-TEST.

[10/3/2007 4:59:40 PM] Verification(Verifying URLs for reports)
    Error: Could not access this address: http://FOREFRONT-TEST/Reports
    Details: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
    Error: Could not access this address: http://FOREFRONT-TEST/ReportServer

[10/3/2007 4:59:40 PM] Verification(Verifying action account)

[10/3/2007 4:59:41 PM] Verification(Verifying DAS account)

[10/3/2007 4:59:41 PM] Verification(Verifying DTS account)

[10/3/2007 4:59:43 PM] Verification(Verifying reporting database service startup)
    Error: The SQL Server service must have its startup type set to Automatic.
    Instance: MSSQLSERVER
    Error: The SQL Server Agent service must have its startup type set to Automatic.
    Instance: MSSQLSERVER
    Number of verifications completed: [10/3/2007 4:59:43 PM]

Wednesday, October 3, 2007 9:59 PM

All replies

• Both SQL and the GPMC are prerequisites for a single server installation.  Plus you may need to adjust the database sizes in the wizard.

From your log:

Error: More disk space is required for the specified component(s).  Required available disk space on drive  (in MB): 7680

Error: More disk space is required for the specified component(s).  Required available disk space on drive C (in MB): 2710

Error: Group Policy Management Console (GPMC) is not installed.

Warning: SQL Reporting Services 2005 SP1 is not installed.

Error: The SQL Server 2005 Integration Services Component must be installed.

Error: SQL Server 2005 Backward Compatibility Component must be installed.

Please see:

Installing the software prerequisites for a one-server topology

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb404230.aspx

As far as installing the client on the Vista machine, please make sure you are using an elevated command prompt.  If you do not want that machine to report into the FCS server you are setting up, you can just run clientsetup.exe /NoMOM.

Thanks,

Craig

Thursday, October 4, 2007 4:27 PM
  • [11/13/2007 1:23:47 PM] Verification(Verifying URLs for reports)
    Error: Could not access this address: http://SBSPREM/Reports$FOREFRONT
    Error: Could not access this address: http://SBSPREM/ReportServer$FOREFRONT

whats the solution for this..................

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 8:35 AM
  •  

HTTP 404 means that the requested website was not found.  You will need to ensure that the SQL reporting services URLs are correct.  Did you install a named instance of SQL or choose the default?  If you choose the default then the URLs are likely simply http://SBSPREM/reports and http://SBSPREM/Reportserver.

To verify this you can look at Start > All Programs > Microsoft SQL Server 2005 > Configuration > Reporting Service configuration

Thanks,

Craig

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 5:05 PM
  •  

yes i have choosen named instances in SQL Server. Also,whn going to reporting services same thing is written but the web service identity has a red mark !!!

If i can get ur email id then i can send u the screen shot of it.

Friday, November 23, 2007 10:27 AM
  •  

Sorry for the delay.  Did you get this figured out?  If the web service identity has a red mark the it is likely not configured properly.  You will need to correct that issue and ensure the website virtual directories are properly created and available for FCS setup to complete successfully.

-Craig

Thursday, January 3, 2008 5:04 PM
  • Here is my issue.

[4/17/2008 8:04:02 PM] Task(Import Reports on the Reporting Server)
    Process C:\Program Files\Microsoft Forefront\Client Security\Server\rptutil.exe completed.
    [4/17/2008 8:04:08 PM] Task(Reporting Server Adjustments)
    Starting reporting server adjustments.
    [4/17/2008 8:04:10 PM] Task(Reporting Server Adjustments)
    Setting data source of collection database.
    Server: LABSBS01
    User: lab\administrator
    [4/17/2008 8:04:10 PM] Task(Reporting Server Adjustments)
    Setting data source of the reporting database.
    Server: LABSBS01
    User: lab\administrator
    [4/17/2008 8:04:11 PM] Task(Reporting Server Adjustments)
    Marking FCS sub-reports as hidden.
    [4/17/2008 8:04:12 PM] Task(Reporting Server Adjustments)
    Hiding report elements.
    [4/17/2008 8:04:32 PM] Task(Reporting Server Adjustments)
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The feature: "Report caching" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.OperationNotSupportedException: The feature: "Report caching" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services.
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Sku.ThrowIfFeatureNotEnabled(String instanceId, RestrictedFeatures feature)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportingService.SetCacheOptions(String Report, Boolean CacheReport, ExpirationDefinition Expiration)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportingService.SetCacheOptions(String Report, Boolean CacheReport, ExpirationDefinition Expiration)
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
       at Microsoft.Forefront.ClientSecurity.Configure.ReportManagerWS.ReportingService.SetCacheOptions(String Report, Boolean CacheReport, ExpirationDefinition Item)
       at Microsoft.Forefront.ClientSecurity.Configure.ReportServerAdjustmentTask.HideSubReports(ReportingService rs)
       at Microsoft.Forefront.ClientSecurity.Configure.ReportServerAdjustmentTask.ReportServerTask()
       at Microsoft.Forefront.ClientSecurity.Configure.ReportServerAdjustmentTask.ThreadedWebServiceTask(Object x)Number of tasks completed: [4/17/2008 8:04:35 PM]

This is causing the Forefront Client Security Configuration to fail. please help
    Thursday, April 17, 2008 11:10 PM
  • Anthony,

Are you using the eval version fo Forefront Client Security with a pre-existing fully finctional SQL installation?

Ed

Monday, April 21, 2008 8:36 AM
  • This error is thrown when installing FCS with SQL workgroup edition.  This is not supported, FCS requires either SQL 2005 Standard or Enterprise.

Verifying your system requirements

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb404245.aspx

Thanks,

Craig

Monday, April 21, 2008 7:11 PM
  • Hello,

the requirements have been checked and nothing out of them is showing any typoe of permissions or rights for the Task: Reporting Service Adjustments in particular.

I am able to access the URL http://votfcsrs1/reportserver and http://votfcsrs1/reports with any accounts.

SQL 9.0.4053 which is SQL 2005 SP3 +

Thanks,

Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 3:01 PM
  • Re-doing

Un-installing SSRS

Reboot

Installing SSRS

Apply SQL Server 2005 SP3

4 times and it works...

Thanks,

Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager
    • Proposed as answer by Felyjos Friday, January 28, 2011 11:16 PM
    Friday, January 28, 2011 11:16 PM