Public Folders Connection Agreements RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I have two Exchange 5.5 sites. For each Exchange 5.5 site, I need to set up a
    Public Folder Connection Agreement?
    What problems may occur if I have two Public Folders Connection Agreements (one for each site)?

Thanks.
    Thursday, August 5, 2010 8:59 PM

Answers

• If you want to email Exchange Server 5.5 public folders from Exchange 2000 or Exchange Server 2003 mailboxes, you must create a public folder Connection Agreement for each Exchange Server 5.5 site in the organization

--------Refer to <Understanding Connection Agreements in Exchange>

It is recommended that you create a public folder Connection Agreement to Active Directory from each one of your existing Exchange Server 5.5 sites

--------Refer to <Public Folder Connection Agreements>

James Luo
    TechNet Subscriber Support (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/ms788697.aspx)
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
    • Proposed as answer by Alan.Gim Thursday, August 12, 2010 6:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alan.Gim Friday, August 13, 2010 3:39 AM
    Monday, August 9, 2010 7:43 AM

All replies

• Do you mean a connection agreement in the Active Directory Connector?
    That is for connectivity between Exchange 200x and Exchange 5.5. You
    didn't say anything about Exchange 2000 or 2003, so I'm not sure what
    it is you're asking about. If you're talking about having two CAs
    between Exchange 200x and Exchange 5.5, if both public folder
    hierarchies on the two Exchange 5.5 servers are the same, then you
    need only one CA. In general, it's best to keep the number of CAs
    down to the minimum required to replicate all the information.

On Thu, 5 Aug 2010 20:59:00 +0000, bbastos wrote:

>Hello. I have two Exchange 5.5 sites. For each Exchange 5.5 site, I need to set up a Public Folder Connection Agreement? What problems may occur if I have two Public Folders Connection Agreements (one for each site)? Thanks.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Friday, August 6, 2010 3:04 AM
  • Hello Ed.

For each site I installed an Exchange Server 2003 and ADC is running, but ADC Tools created only one Public Folder Connection Agreement for one Exchange 5.5 site.

Another question: I can create replicas of public folders from an Exchange 5.5 server to an Exchange 2003 server which is installed on a site that does not have a Public Folder Connection Agreement ?

Thanks.

Friday, August 6, 2010 3:16 AM
  • If you want to email Exchange Server 5.5 public folders from Exchange 2000 or Exchange Server 2003 mailboxes, you must create a public folder Connection Agreement for each Exchange Server 5.5 site in the organization

--------Refer to <Understanding Connection Agreements in Exchange>

It is recommended that you create a public folder Connection Agreement to Active Directory from each one of your existing Exchange Server 5.5 sites

--------Refer to <Public Folder Connection Agreements>

James Luo
    TechNet Subscriber Support (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/ms788697.aspx)
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
    • Proposed as answer by Alan.Gim Thursday, August 12, 2010 6:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alan.Gim Friday, August 13, 2010 3:39 AM
    Monday, August 9, 2010 7:43 AM