windows firewall won't start RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have windows 7 ultimate and at this moment I can't start the windows firewall anymore. The eventerror is service terminated with service specifi error. Access Denied. Eventid 7024. I already checked permission on MpsSvc registry keys. the enabling with netsh commanod also tried. Even when  I select restore default in controlpanel/windows firewall no result.
    When I look in the advanced sharing setting everything is turned on as wel as public as home/wok profile. when I change e.g in the public profile turn off network discovery; the setting is not changed. I don't have policies enforced on my laptop (i'm workgroup) en secpol no strange settings defined. I believe that the problems started with deinstalling the Cisco PEAP R3 driver (for wireless access) and installing the microsoft protected eap (PEAP) driver. When i restore from a restore point in the past windows firewal is working; but then the PEAP drivers is incorrect.

Thursday, February 11, 2010 9:00 AM

Answers

•  

Hi,

This issue can occur if some relevant setting is incorrect when trying to replace PEAP driver. I suggest you refer to the following article when installing Microsoft Protected EAP (PEAP) driver.

Securing Wireless LANs with PEAP and Passwords

Thanks,

Novak

• Marked as answer by Novak Wu Monday, February 22, 2010 1:28 AM
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 2:08 AM