I have my emails back up in Outlook 2011 Mac but was forced to implement Outlook 2019 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

My emails are backup in Outlook 2011 MAC but I was forced to upgrade to Outlook 2019. I don't have a .pst file. How can I recover my emails from the Outlook 2011 backup and import them into Outlook 2019?

Monday, June 8, 2020 8:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your description, your question is mainly about Outlook, so, I had moved your thread to TechNet – Outlook IT Pro Discussions forum, and relate product expert will provide you suggestion about this issue. 

Thank you for your understanding. 

Best regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 6:21 AM
  • Hi Gavin,

>>My emails are backup in Outlook 2011 MAC but I was forced to upgrade to Outlook 2019. I don't have a .pst file.
    Do you mean that you want to recover emails from the Outlook 2011 Mac backup and import them into Outlook 2019 for windows? If so, what's the type of your account? POP, IMAP or Exchange?

If you are using an Exchange account, please refer to the workarounds in this article.

If you are using POP or IMAP account, it is suggested to follow the steps below to import your data:

1. Create an IMAP account (or your existing account) then configure it on both Outlook for Mac and  Outlook for Windows.(Remember to sign in to your Gmail account and enable IMAP )
    2. Copy your OLM file to your IMAP account in Outlook for Mac.
    3. By this, you can access your Outlook for Mac mails to Windows Outlook.

If all these mentioned above is not your case, please provide me with more information related to your issue for further research.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 6:50 AM
  • Hi Jeff,

Thank you, I don't have OLM file. All I have is a backup of my MAC with Outlook 2011. Unfortunately my MacBook was damaged and I had to upgrade to a 64bit mac that does not run Outlook 2011. I have recreate my pop service but would like to import all my email from my old PC backup.

When a recreate my back on the new PC I had to delete the 2011 Microsoft instance. I need to import the Microsoft 2011 identities but it sates that the data does not exist in the location.

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 8:24 AM
  • Hi Gavin,

Thanks for your reply.

>> I don't have OLM file. I need to import the Microsoft 2011 identities but it sates that the data does not exist in the location.
    According to your description, since it could not find identities and data from your MAC backup. I'm afraid that we could not recover your emails from your MAC backup.

Besides, as mentioned before, what's the type of your account? POP, IMAP or Exchange?

If you are using IMAP or Exchange accounts, as I know, messages are all synced with the mail server, so you could directly add your email account to your new Outlook client and sync to recover your emails.

If your are using POP account, I'm afraid we are not able to recover those emails back.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 11, 2020 8:59 AM
  • Hi ,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. If you have any further updates on this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Friday, June 12, 2020 9:31 AM
  • Hi Gavin,

It has been a while, how is everything going?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you.

If you think my reply is helpful to you, please remember to mark it as an answer. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Friday, June 26, 2020 9:03 AM