Sequencing Oracle Admin Tools RRS feed

• Question

• I've recently been trying to sequence Oracle 10g Admin tools and running into a slight problem. I need the Virtual Apps to be able to read the TNSNAMES.ora file on the local machine.

As part of the sequence i create a environment variable TNS_ADMIN which points towards C:\Oracle\Admin\Net80. I can see the variable is set in the OSD file.

When the virtual app (Enterprise Manager Console) opens it asks you what datasource you wish to use at this point it should be looking at the TNSNAMES.ora file and finding the datasources inside of it. I can see that the virtual app is looking in the right place but it's not picking up any datasources.

I've read about LOCAL_INTERACTION, how do i go about implementing this?

Does anyone else have any other suggestions?
    Matt Summer
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 9:09 AM

Answers

• Believe i fixed my problem. I opend my sequence and navigated to the virtual file system and told it to merge "C:\Oracle\Network\Admin" instead of override.

Low and behold it now works!

Thanks AlphenIT for pointing me in the right location.
    Matt Summer
    • Marked as answer by Matthew Summer Friday, February 12, 2010 9:21 AM
    Friday, February 12, 2010 9:21 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Is the folder, with corresponding files, available either in the virtual or native environment?

/Znack
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 9:36 AM
  • The TNSNAMES.ora file exists in the native environment. I need it there as it does get updated on regular basis nad would be annoying to resequence the application everytime this file gets updated.
    Matt Summer
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 9:51 AM
  • Hello,

If the folder exists in the virtual environment - it would overlay the native environment and would thus make the native tnsnames.ora invisible to the virtual package (and probably point to the empty virtualized directory).

/Znack
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 9:52 AM
  • This particular folder does not exist in the virtualized package.
    Matt Summer
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 10:01 AM
  • Could he fix this issue if he "mapped" his TNSNAMES.ORA file to the native TNSNAMES.ora..? (through the Virtual Filesystem Tab)

Visit my techblog at http://www.virtualistic.nl

Tuesday, February 9, 2010 10:08 AM
  • Don't suppose you have any instructions on how to do this?
    Matt Summer
    Friday, February 12, 2010 8:04 AM
  • Believe i fixed my problem. I opend my sequence and navigated to the virtual file system and told it to merge "C:\Oracle\Network\Admin" instead of override.

Low and behold it now works!

Thanks AlphenIT for pointing me in the right location.
    Matt Summer
    • Marked as answer by Matthew Summer Friday, February 12, 2010 9:21 AM
    Friday, February 12, 2010 9:21 AM
  • Matt,

Could you give a link/instructions on how to accomplish this?  I'm struggling with Oracle Instant Client myself and PL/SQL developer.

Thanks!
    Friday, February 12, 2010 10:50 PM
  • No Prob Matt,

Glad it worked out for you..!
    Visit my Techblog at http://www.virtualistic.nl
    Monday, February 15, 2010 7:56 AM