ProClarity 6.3 Exception EAccessViolation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    Wondering if anyone can help with this.  We have a use using ProClarity Professional 6.3 on WinXP,  when saving an amended report they are getting this error message:

"Exception EAccessViolation in module rtl70.bpl at 0A7A7284. Access Violation at address 0A7A7284. Write of address 0A7A7284."

I've done a little hunting around and it appears pre 6.3 this error occurred a fair amount,  and it was recommended to re-install proclarity on the user machine.  We tried upgrading to 6.3 SP3,  and are getting the same errors,  as rtl70.bpl is a delphi 7 file,  I considered that there may be another program using this,  but it apears not.  

Has anyone else seen a similar error on 6.3,  or have any solutions.

Thanks in advance.

Tim
    • Changed type Ben.Scott Wednesday, February 24, 2010 7:04 PM Open question
    Friday, January 29, 2010 3:44 PM

All replies

• Tim,

My best suggestion is to remove ProClarity, and delete all references to ProClarity from the file and registry systems.  Then, reinstall and retest.  This error should be gone.  If it still appears, you should try to note if there is a pattern of when it occurs and contact support.

Thanks,

-Joey
    Friday, January 29, 2010 4:36 PM
  • Hi,

apologies for my very long delay in response, and thank you for your swift suggestion, I've not been in the office for a while.  I've tried un-installing proclarity,  deleting all Regkeys relating to proclarity,  and the proclarity files in common files.  Then re-install.  Still same error.  A solutions is not as critical as previous,  as we have a different solution to get what we need, however I am interested if anyone else is having the same issues.

Regards,

Tim
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 4:00 PM
  • Tim,

Do you have Spyware Doctor on the box?  I see a couple hits in our DB on a confliced between the Doc and rtl70.bpl.  You might try running a diagnostic boot without any extra programs starting.  Use MSConfig - http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/

-Joey
    Friday, February 26, 2010 7:46 PM
  • Thats the one.  Thank you very much!.

Regards,

Tim
    Sunday, February 28, 2010 2:16 AM