none
How can Project Online send outbound emails? RRS feed

• Question

• This error "Sorry, you are not allowed to share this with external users." always come out when I try to add an external email address for notifying external people.  Where went wrong with my subscription?

Monday, April 15, 2013 7:39 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi John, could you describe a little more about your scenario?  Where exactly are you trying to add an external e-mail?  All users of Project Online would need to be licensed users of your tenant - so that may be why an external e-mail is not accepted.

Best regards,

Brian Smith

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Monday, April 15, 2013 5:03 PM
    Owner
  • I see.  That means there is no way in Project Online to raise say an issue and assign to not only a licensed user but also cc/notify an external email address who is not user at all.  Thanks.

May I also ask whether I can lower my subscription cost by just subscribing sharepoint online for some of the users while other users still subscribe Project Online? If yes, can they be in the same tenant and be able to share information and assign or notify of say project issues?

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 1:27 AM
  • Hi John, my understanding is that anyone interacting with the Project Server data, and that includes items held in SharePoint such as Issues and Risks, requires a license to Project Server.  I'd suggest speaking to your licensing contact at Microsoft for confirmation of your specific scenario.

Best regards,

Brian.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 2:13 PM
    Owner