none
Work report for selected tasks RRS feed

• Question

• I need to create a report where it is listed the work for every resources but just for some a selected tasks, better all the tasks of some summary tasks.

I created a new Resources filter, but I didn't found a way to filter also by tasks. 

Thursday, October 15, 2015 7:58 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you provide more information? Are you using MS Project in a standalone mode or connected to Project Server or Online? Do you need this information through a MS Project view (ie resource usage) or do you need an excel report?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Thursday, October 15, 2015 8:43 AM
  • I'm using MS Project 2016 in standalone mode. I prefer to have this information in MS Project view but an exel report is acceptable.
    Thursday, October 15, 2015 10:42 AM
  • Hi,

You have many ways to do that. You can for example use the Gantt chart view and use the auto filters (directly in the column headers) to filter on the resource name and task name. Then group using the work colum: the grouping feature will rollup at the group level the sum of work based on the filters. Note that if you have more than 1 assignment per task, you'd rather use a usage view (task or resource usage views).

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Thursday, October 15, 2015 1:24 PM
  • Hi,

I have more that one assignment per task so I used the resource usage view with a custom filter and applying the group by: "assignments Keeping Outline structure" it works fine.

I've tried to generate a report using as starting template the Resource overview report. I added to resource status table the same filter and group option used in resource usage view, but none rows appears in the table.

If you have any suggestion to have in the table for every resource the total work for the selected tasks in the filter I'll appreciate it.

Many thanks

Friday, October 16, 2015 3:29 PM