black screen problem for vista home premium RRS feed

• Question

• i am using Dell Inspiron 1420 with graphic card nvidia geforce 8400M gs.
    i am facing problem which is cannot run the window properly(window vista home premium)
    "sometimes"when i running window, the the screen suddenly all black or other color or rainbow color...just like tv
    and then hard shut down is required...sometime window will recover this problem for me.but the problem is continuously occur
    when i restart then cannot boot in to the window.
    i try to call Dell to diagnose the problem for me
    but seem the hardware all in good condition if not mistaken.
    i don know whether it is window upgrade problem or not...
    can someone solve this problem for me or guide me to diagnose the problem?  
    Saturday, August 30, 2008 2:58 PM

Answers

• This symptom seems to be hardware related, especially video card. I suggest you first update video card driver via the link:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_175.19_whql.html

Please Note: The third-party products discussed here are manufactured by vendors independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding these products' performance or reliability.

Hope this helps!

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 6:25 AM

All replies

• some more, i can run in safe mode...and
    sometimes i can boot window normally...
    what is the problem?
    Saturday, August 30, 2008 3:01 PM
  • This symptom seems to be hardware related, especially video card. I suggest you first update video card driver via the link:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_175.19_whql.html

Please Note: The third-party products discussed here are manufactured by vendors independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding these products' performance or reliability.

Hope this helps!

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 6:25 AM