none
Monitors connected via Display Port will not shut off, even when Windows is set to "Turn off Display" after 15 minutes. RRS feed

• Question

• As the title suggests--We have new computers and monitors set up and connected via Display Port cable. The computers are HP G1 600 running Windows 7 64-bit Enterprise. These computers run the Intel Graphics 4600 chipset.

The monitors are HP EliteDisplay E231. 

Some computers have two-monitors (both E231): one is connected with the Displayport cable and the other with a standard VGA cable.

I have noticed that the VGA monitor shuts off perfectly normal(orange light on the display--obviously off), while the Display Port connected monitor simply turns 'black' however you can easily tell the backlight is still on.

There isn't much on the internet regarding this specific issue and i'm assuming this is a DisplayPort related problem. 

The video driver version currently used 9.18.10.3204 (Dec 2013)

Anyone come across this?

Thursday, February 27, 2014 12:10 AM

Answers

• Hi, it turned out to be some sort of driver issue. Intel ended up having a newer version of the video driver than the "latest" HP-provided driver. What I did was use 7zip to extract the video driver installation package and then use Windows to select the driver from the package. I did it this was so that the rest of the driver software utilities didn't get installed, but this is a personal preference.

Weird that you're still having this issue a year later, you would think HP would have update their drivers at this point.

Hope this helps. 

• Marked as answer by Neoflex1 Tuesday, April 14, 2015 9:10 PM
    Tuesday, April 14, 2015 1:25 PM

All replies

• I have the exact same issue. Did you ever find a fix?
    Tuesday, April 14, 2015 3:50 AM
  • Hi, it turned out to be some sort of driver issue. Intel ended up having a newer version of the video driver than the "latest" HP-provided driver. What I did was use 7zip to extract the video driver installation package and then use Windows to select the driver from the package. I did it this was so that the rest of the driver software utilities didn't get installed, but this is a personal preference.

Weird that you're still having this issue a year later, you would think HP would have update their drivers at this point.

Hope this helps. 

• Marked as answer by Neoflex1 Tuesday, April 14, 2015 9:10 PM
    Tuesday, April 14, 2015 1:25 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the latest driver from Intel for the 4600 (10.18.14.4156) and it fixed the issue.

It is odd that HP isn't shipping them with the latest intel drivers. We've ordered these HP G1 600 models all of 2014 and 2015 and I've got to go update the intel drivers on each one :)

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 8:47 PM