Vista's "Windows Mail" Junk Folder RRS feed

• Question

• How do I disable the "Junk E-Mail" feature in "Windows Mail"?

OK ... I have tried to figure out how to get rid of this myself and can't say that I am a fan of Vista at all.

In "Windows Mail" there is a folder, "Junk E-Mail" that I wish to disable.

I am perfectly capable of deciding for myself what is "Junk" and have found items in there from people that I was waiting for that had arrived a few days previously. The only way that I can see to stop it from re-routing alot of my mail into this folder is to "allow" but I communicate with new people all the time and can't "allow" someone until they get through to me.

Aside from that, I have received important mail that was considered "phishing" that I unblocked and then it disappeared. I found it later in the "Junk" folder.

How do I go about disabling this feature?

Thank You
    Wednesday, August 27, 2008 8:43 PM

Answers

• Hi

In Windows Mail, select Tools / Junk Email Options.

Options Tab: Select 'No automatic filtering'.

Blocked Senders Tab: Remove all opf the email addressses in that list.

International Tab: Click both of the buttons in that dialog and remove any check marks.

Phising Tab: Remove both check marks.

Now, the Junk Mail folder should be displaying a 'Not Available' icon. When you select the folder, you see a warning that the junk email options are currently turned off.

This should give you the behavior you are looking for.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message.
    By marking a post as Answered, you help others find the answer faster.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 10:49 PM