SCSM Portal and Multiple Reviewers RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi Guys,

In the SCSM web portal, when there is a review activity that should be approved by multiple reviewers. The portal allows any reviewer to approve on behalf of any other reviewer.

This doesn't make sense because Approver "A" might approve on behalf of Approver "B" and Approver "B" might not notice. This will create problems in scenarios where multiple parties should review and approve some access request or a major change request.

What do you think?

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 6:22 AM

All replies

• Are you giving your approvers access to the console?  As far as I am aware, when users log into the portal and go to My Activities, they can only approve their request.  I have the Must Vote option checked, and my users cannot see each others activities.  Alternatively, you can handle it in Orchestrator, or a runbook, that will pass the approval one at a time until they are all done.  I have a multi-approval process that must follow an order.  I pass approval from one to the next with no trouble.  Make sure you have email notifications running in Orchestrator in case one fails.  You don't want to lose a ticket in limbo.

Best, Jacob I'm a PC.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 1:56 PM
  • Hi Jacob,

It is true that each reviewer can view only his activities on the portal. In your case you have a separate activity for each approver. but in my case, i have multiple approvers in the same review activity. Test it if you like.

Regards

Fadi

Thursday, April 25, 2013 8:08 AM