FCS License does it shut down? RRS feed

• Question

• Here is my situtation

1) I have FCS (yes the old one) running on a couple hundred PCs and getting its updates from WSUS. 

2) It was deployed with a server that has MOM on it. This server is pretty much DEAD as in SQL is broken, I cannot get into MOM or the Forefront Management Tool so lets just call this server dead and pretend it is.  So I have no management capability

3) I am told the licenses expire in soon though I see no evidence of such. is FCS actually subscription? I dont mind buying licenses but how can I use key if there is one without MOM. Can I just buy licenses and not have to actually change any config? Essentially I have an unmanaged config of FCS now. 

4) I have no intention of going to system center. The plan is to limp along until FCS EOL and then purchase a different solution. This eliminated all suggestions of run FEP or SCEP. 

Please advise

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 10:02 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    What is the license prompt information you have received? Based on my research, Forefront Client Security is available on a subscription basis through Microsoft Volume Licensing. The link below would be helpful to you:
    Licensing Information About Forefront Client Security

In addition, since it is related to license, I recommend you to contact Microsoft support for assistance: http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/
    Thanks for your understanding and support.
    Best regards,
    Susie

• Edited by Susie Long Thursday, May 1, 2014 12:03 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Susie Long Monday, May 5, 2014 2:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by Susie Long Wednesday, May 7, 2014 2:07 AM
    Thursday, May 1, 2014 12:01 PM