none
Recovry point cration failed IN dpm 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• every time i have to create recovery point manually with full express  backup option

Creation of recovery points for SBSSQLSVR\SHAREPOINT\WebAnalyticsServiceApplication_StagingDB_97199ad2-2d14-4ebf-86c8-b2055b301735 on SBSSQLSVR.pn.balajisociety.org have failed. The last recovery point creation failed for the following reason: (ID: 3114)

The path to the SQL temporary folder for SBSSQLSVR\SHAREPOINT\WebAnalyticsServiceApplication_StagingDB_97199ad2-2d14-4ebf-86c8-b2055b301735 on SBSSQLSVR.pn.balajisociety.org is too long. This can cause backup or recovery jobs to fail. (ID: 30163

Can anyyone help.

tHANX IN ADVANCED

g@nesh
    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 9:08 AM

Answers

• Hi

As far as I see your trying to make a protection point of a Sharepoint database. It's very importaint that you protect your Sharepoint enviroment in a supported way (im not saying you don't).

If you want to protect your databases that is "connected" to your Sharepoint farm you must install a DPM agent in the front web server and also on the SQL servers hosting the databases. You must also initialize your Sharepoint VSS on the front web server using the ConfigureSharepoint -EnableSharepointProtection exe that resides in the BIN catalouge of the DPM agent catalouge. Now you must de-select all your sharepoint databases from other protection groups and make the sharepoint farm a protected member.

Doing this your front web server will communicate with the SQL hosting the databases and make supported backups.

If you allready have this setup, verify you VSS'es on the affected server using the vssadmin list writers from a elevated command prompt and verify that all your VSS'es is in a stable state. If you find any faulty, reboot your server, verify you VSS'es again, if thier stable run the backup.

Best Regards

Robert Hedblom

MVP DPM

Check out my DPM blog @ http://robertanddpm.blogspot.com

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 8:03 AM

All replies

• Hi

As far as I see your trying to make a protection point of a Sharepoint database. It's very importaint that you protect your Sharepoint enviroment in a supported way (im not saying you don't).

If you want to protect your databases that is "connected" to your Sharepoint farm you must install a DPM agent in the front web server and also on the SQL servers hosting the databases. You must also initialize your Sharepoint VSS on the front web server using the ConfigureSharepoint -EnableSharepointProtection exe that resides in the BIN catalouge of the DPM agent catalouge. Now you must de-select all your sharepoint databases from other protection groups and make the sharepoint farm a protected member.

Doing this your front web server will communicate with the SQL hosting the databases and make supported backups.

If you allready have this setup, verify you VSS'es on the affected server using the vssadmin list writers from a elevated command prompt and verify that all your VSS'es is in a stable state. If you find any faulty, reboot your server, verify you VSS'es again, if thier stable run the backup.

Best Regards

Robert Hedblom

MVP DPM

Check out my DPM blog @ http://robertanddpm.blogspot.com

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 8:03 AM
  • Hello Sir,

Working on it

g@nesh
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:27 AM
  • Hello SIr,

No recovery point failed now.

Thanx

g@nesh
    Saturday, July 2, 2011 6:39 AM
  • We had this problem on our DPM 2010 server, nearly exactly, and the resolution listed above resolved it completely.  Good stuff!

Thanks,

-Chris

Chris Adams
    Monday, January 9, 2012 3:49 AM