MS-Office 2010 is not working properly RRS feed

• Question

• I had a valid product of ms-office 2010 and I had activated it with the key and it got activated but when I am using any ms-office products in the top it is showing "product activation failed" I thought that after restarting it will be activated and I restarted my PC and checked office products but the same error (product activation failed) is coming on the top.

I had left it for some days but the office is working properly.

But I felt some distraction with that error on my office products.

so I had tried Office 2010 on another PC and activated it, surprisingly in another PC it got activated

So I thought to reinstall the office in my old system again. I had uninstalled it and restarted the PC and tried to install ms-office 2010 but it thrown an error as:

"Setup has detected legacy groove and Microsoft Groove Sever software on this system. You must uninstall all legacy Groove and Microsoft Groove Server software before installing or upgrading to Microsoft SharePoint Workspace."

I had tried to fix the problem with microsoft fixit but it did not work out.

Can any one help me to fix this......

Saturday, February 1, 2014 4:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

from the error message you have mentioned, it seems that your computer has some remaining components from an older Office installation (e.g. Groove aka SPW).

Check Control Panel -> Programs & Features, and uninstall all/any remaining Office products.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971179steps @ How to uninstall Office from Control Panel)

You may also need to run the Fixit for older (e.g. 2007) Office versions/components, also from the same KB article above.

Ensure you have the installation files or disc or download account, in the event you need it for the reinstallation.

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Saturday, February 1, 2014 5:55 AM
  • hai don,

no i can't see any application related to ms-office in control panel.

I had no office 2007 also on my machine.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Sunday, February 2, 2014 5:23 AM