Import ms word data file to ms excel 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a list of contacts for my Bible Study class (email list) in an ms word file that I want to import into ms excel  2010.  I have saved it from a word 2003 file to an XML 2010.  Can I use excel for this purpose and how?  Many thanks in Dallas! - Chas
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 10:28 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Wrokaround, you can save as word file to TXT type, and then Import a text file by opening it in Excel

There are two ways to import data from a text file by using Microsoft Excel: You can open the text file in Excel, or you can import the text file as an external data range. To export data from Excel to a text file, use the Save As command. 

More detailed steps you can refer to this article:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/import-or-export-text-txt-or-csv-files-HP010342598.aspx?CTT=1#BMimport_data_from_a_text_file_by_openi

Best regards

William Zhou

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, November 3, 2011 8:13 AM
  •  

Thank you William, will try this AM!   I hope it will pick up the email addresses.

Regards - Chas

Friday, November 4, 2011 12:52 PM