none
Data Protection Manager 2010 installation problem with error code ID: 4310. Details: Unknown error (0x84b30001) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I try to install a Data Protection Manager 2010 in my new Server 2008 R2, but the installation was faild with the following message 

The SQL Server 2008 installation failed. Review the SQL Server installation log file for failures, and then take the appropriate action.

ID: 4310. Details: Unknown error (0x84b30001)

Friday, March 1, 2013 4:09 AM

All replies

• Hi Ivan,

You should check DPM installation log in %Program Files%:\DPMlogs\DPMsetup.txt

You may search for "SQL Server 2008", "Error", etc.
    find /I "YourStringSearch" DPMsetup*.* >C:\DPMsetup.txt

Stephane

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties. knowledge is valid only if it is shared by All.

My DPM blog Yet Another DPM Blog

Friday, March 1, 2013 3:23 PM
  • Hi Ivan

That error code is a catch all, it could be caused by a number of things.  Quick query revealed some of the causes.

a. Faulty installation media
    b. network install and user did not have full permissions to installation media.
    c. bad SQL performance counters.
    d. SQL MOF file compile error
    e. Permissions issues (check GPO settings)
    f. Registry problems.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, March 18, 2013 11:17 PM