none
Using Microsoft Project Server to Automate Bid/Tender Management Processes RRS feed

• Question

• I'm building a PMO Activities and Portfolio Management Automation Solution for our clients using Microsoft Project Server, Most of our clients wish to automate Tender/Bid Management Process and integrate it with PMO and Portfolio Management Processes using one solution rather than many different solutions from different vendors which will require integration efforts and hence costs

Can I extend Project Server to Automate Bid/Tender Management Processes to cover Business Case Documentation, Tender Submission? Or the only solution I have is to build a SharePoint Solution using Workflow to Automate the data entry, document storage, evaluation logic and process workflows required for the whole Tender Management Process and integrate them using Microsoft Project Server SDK?

I'd like your ideas and testimonials in this matter and Thanks in advance for assistance and contribution
    Sunday, May 25, 2014 9:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Motagaly

The answer to your question is yes you can extend project server to automate Bid/Tender management process, now to the question wether you should be using project server vs sharepoint, it would completely depend upon the complexity of the solution and in what stages of project lifecycle do you want it and last but not the least what are the kind of reports you are trying to derive out of it

Personally i would see it more of a sharepoint based solution for which you may use project workspaces in case they are related to project, have all your workflows and lists / libraries built into the template and use that for each project, however reporting becomes the tricky part when you start using the sharepoint side as OOB these data will not be available in Reporting DB, hence you may need to write some event handlers in order to capture the data and report on   

Thanks | epmXperts | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 12:39 PM
  • Interesting project. We actually have a standard/customisable fully integrated solution that we implement for our global corporate customers, which fully integrates the technology, procurement and project management functions for technology projects. It seems more and more companies are realising this is the way to go if you want to improve your ROI. As you said - it also avoids having multiple applications that require integration. If you would like to know more about it you can take a look at www.remy-is.com.
    Tuesday, January 27, 2015 8:00 AM