none
Exchange 2013 CU13 dont received mail form Hotmail

Question

• Friends all right, I have a problem and not knowing what to do.

Updated my Exchange to CU13 3 after that he gets not email to Hotmail.

If someone Hotmail send me an email, this email does not arrive.

But the person who sent me the email does not receive any email in error by Hotmail.

Anyone know how I should proceed?

Silvio Tavares - Analista de Sistemas

Monday, August 22, 2016 10:45 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Sorry for my misleading, I notice that most inbound mail flow works as expectation, however cannot send message from Outlook.com to your domain.

Thus, this issue is more related to Outlook.com, I recommend contact Outlook.com support team as your mentioned  to further assistance. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, August 28, 2016 4:47 AM

All replies

• Hi

How are you routing mail? through a smarthost or dns? Can you telnet to your public ip from external?

Edward van Biljon - Exchange MVP

Monday, August 22, 2016 10:59 AM
  • Hi,

Enable logging on your receive connector(s), then send a test email, and see what is in the logs. It might take a while before logging actually starts.

If nothing is logged, and you have a mail device in front of Exchange for antivirus/antispam, connect to it and see if it has logs for that particular email.

If something is logged, analyse the logs and post the relevant portions here if needed.

Logs are (by default) stored in C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\TransportRoles\Logs\FrontEnd\ProtocolLog\SmtpReceive.

Peter Van Gils Toa Projects

Monday, August 22, 2016 10:59 AM
  • Hello, I understood.
    The logs are already active by default.

This is the only information that the hotmail email gives me hours after I send some email to my Exchange 2013 organization:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Unable to deliver message to The Following recipients, due to being unable to connect successfully to the destination mail server.

user@mydomain.com.br

The only antispan I use is the native Exchange own.

Monday, August 22, 2016 11:08 AM
  • Hi,

Can you receive email from other domains?

Can you copy-paste the relevant part of the SMTP logs here?

Monday, August 22, 2016 11:20 AM
  • Yes, I get mail from all other domain correctly.

Only hotmail not hand me any email, hotmail is refusing to deliver mail me on my exchange but not figure out why.

Usually it was to receive in my email hotmail, a report with a delivery mistake, but hotmail not informed what was the delivery error reason.

Monday, August 22, 2016 11:31 AM
  • Then we definitely need to look at the SMTP logs. Send a test mail from Hotmail, then go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\TransportRoles\Logs\FrontEnd\ProtocolLog\SmtpReceive, open the log file of today, and post the contents here.

Monday, August 22, 2016 11:34 AM
  • Look, if I send an email from my organization of exchange 2013 CU13, the mail arrives without problems in my email her hotmail.

but if I answer this email her at hotmail, email does not arrive at my email it from the exchange in 2013 CU13.

I've never seen such an error in Exchange.

Monday, August 22, 2016 11:36 AM
  • Ok, one minute..

Monday, August 22, 2016 11:36 AM

• Silvio Tavares - Analista de Sistemas

Monday, August 22, 2016 11:56 AM
  • My log...

Monday, August 22, 2016 11:57 AM
  • Hello Silvio,

The log sais "250 2.6.0 Queued mail for delivery". That means the email has arrived on your Exchange server and is ready for further processing.

Can you adapt and then run this command to find out what happened to it?

Get-MessageTrackingLog -Sender youremailaddress@hotmail.com

Monday, August 22, 2016 12:09 PM
  • Look this...

Monday, August 22, 2016 12:13 PM
  • Hi Silvio,

That means the emails are delivered to the mailbox.

If you don't see them in Outlook, try the Junk Email folder. If still not visible, try opening the mailbox in Outlook Web Access.

Monday, August 22, 2016 12:16 PM
  • There's nothing in the inbox, not really enough email.

See the only mistake hotmail me the warning that gave error in email delivery:

He says he could not send the email ...

Monday, August 22, 2016 12:19 PM

• Silvio Tavares - Analista de Sistemas

Monday, August 22, 2016 12:20 PM
  • That's it you saw in MessageSubject column refers to confirmation of reading only.

Notice there in column: Read.

If I send an email to my email Hotmail with confirmation of delivery and reading, I get her email on hotmail, when I read the message we send confirmation of reading and confirmation of reading hotmail can send to my Exchange email. But if I answer this email I received my Exchange hotmail, the email simply not get the email.

It really is something I never saw in exchange for over 10 years using the Exchange ...
    • Edited by Silvio AST Monday, August 22, 2016 12:32 PM
    Monday, August 22, 2016 12:26 PM
  • Hi,

According to your description, I know that read receipt failed to delivered from Hotmail.com to your Exchange server with error "Unable to deliver message to The Following recipients, due to being unable to connect successfully to the destination mail server".
    If I mislead your concern, please feel free to let me know.

To narrow down your issue, I want to double confirm:
    1. Can external recipients send message to your internal user?
    2. How about send message from Hotmail.com to your internal user?

If this issue only occur when send message from Hotmail.com to your domain, please contact your ISP to register SPF record for testing.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 10:11 AM
  • I did not understand what you said correctly.

My domain in Exchange has the SPF record, so that other fields on the planet communicates with my domain in Exchange smoothly.

The test I'm doing is exactly this, I have an email account on Hotmail.com and I'm doing these tests is using this email Hotmail.

The only thing I get from Hotmail is confirmation of reading, but if I send an email from Hotmail for my domain in Exchange, that is where the error is, the mail does not arrive, get it now?

But if I send an email from my domain in Exchange for my test email I have in Hotmail, the email arrives normally. Get it now ?

This problem happens only in Hotmail, the other branches of the internet, everyone can deliver mail to my Exchange.

Understood ?

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 12:24 PM
  • See my SPF record,

"V = spf1 ip4: MY IP ip4: MY IP + a + mx + ip4: EXCHANGE OF IP -all"

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 12:33 PM
  • Well, I called at Microsoft and got the link to open a call with Hotmail.com support team, but there are days when I opened the call and they do not respond, because it is a free email, believe or should have technical support right.

Well, I did several tests here and took the screen shot to see you, as you can see, there is not any problem here in my configuration.

As I said, I can receive emails from all fields of internet, only Hotmail is that it is not coming, the only thing that Hotmail can send me is confirmation of reading, but if you send an email it from Hotmail, not email arrives in my organization.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 11:50 AM
  • Test Details
    <input class=" __ecpStyleButton" id="testSelectWizard___CustomNav3_buttonStartOver" name="testSelectWizard$__CustomNav3$buttonStartOver" style="padding:8px 8px 8px 29px;text-align:left;border-style:none;cursor:pointer;background-image:url("/Images/ButtonsPanelStartOver16.png");background-background-repeat:no-repeat;" type="submit" value="Start Over" /><input class=" __ecpStyleButton" id="testSelectWizard___CustomNav3_buttonRunAgain" name="testSelectWizard$__CustomNav3$buttonRunAgain" style="padding:8px 8px 8px 29px;text-align:left;border-style:none none none solid;cursor:pointer;border-left-width:1px;border-left-color:#cccccc;background-image:url("/Images/ButtonsPanelBack16.gif");background-background-repeat:no-repeat;" type="submit" value="Run Test Again" />
    <input class=" __ecpStyleButton" id="testSelectWizard_ctl12_btnExpandAll" name="testSelectWizard$ctl12$btnExpandAll" style="padding:8px 8px 8px 29px;text-align:left;border-style:none solid none none;cursor:pointer;border-right-width:1px;border-right-color:#cccccc;background-image:url("/Images/expand.gif");background-background-repeat:no-repeat;" type="submit" value="Expand All" /><input class="ecpStyleButtonImageOnly __ecpStyleButton" id="testSelectWizard_ctl12_btnSaveXml" name="testSelectWizard$ctl12$btnSaveXml" style="padding-padding-bottom:6px;padding-text-align:left;border-style:none;cursor:pointer;background-image:url("/Images/xml.png");background-background-repeat:no-repeat;" title="Save as XML" type="submit" value="" /><input class="ecpStyleButtonImageOnly __ecpStyleButton" id="testSelectWizard_ctl12_btnSaveHtml" name="testSelectWizard$ctl12$btnSaveHtml" style="padding-padding-bottom:6px;padding-text-align:left;border-style:none;cursor:pointer;background-image:url("/Images/html.png");background-background-repeat:no-repeat;" title="Save as HTML" type="submit" value="" />
    Performing Outbound SMTP Test
      The outbound SMTP test was successful.

Additional Details
      Elapsed Time: 15430 ms.

Test Steps

Attempting reverse DNS lookup for IP address *********.
      The Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer successfully resolved IP address ******** via reverse DNS lookup.

Additional Details

The Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer resolved IP address ******* to host srv-email.*******.com.br.
    Elapsed Time: 272 ms.
    Performing Real-Time Black Hole List (RBL) Test
      Your IP address wasn't found on any of the block lists selected.

Additional Details
      Elapsed Time: 14807 ms.

Test Steps

Checking Block List "SpamHaus Block List (SBL)"
      The address isn't on the block list.

Additional Details

IP address ********* wasn't found on RBL.
    Elapsed Time: 26 ms.
    Checking Block List "SpamHaus Exploits Block List (XBL)"

Additional Details

IP address ********* wasn't found on RBL.
    Elapsed Time: 26 ms.
    Checking Block List "SpamHaus Policy Block List (PBL)"

Additional Details

IP address *********** wasn't found on RBL.
    Elapsed Time: 123 ms.
    Checking Block List "SpamCop Block List"

Additional Details

Elapsed Time: 25 ms.
    Checking Block List "NJABL.ORG Block List"

Additional Details

IP address ********** wasn't found on RBL.
    Elapsed Time: 14409 ms.
    Checking Block List "SORBS Block List"

Additional Details

Elapsed Time: 34 ms.
    Checking Block List "MSRBL Combined Block List"

Additional Details

IP address ************ wasn't found on RBL.
    Elapsed Time: 112 ms.
    Checking Block List "UCEPROTECT Level 1 Block List"

Additional Details

Elapsed Time: 49 ms.
    Performing Sender ID validation.
      Sender ID validation was performed successfully.

Additional Details
      Elapsed Time: 350 ms.

Test Steps

Attempting to find the SPF record using a DNS TEXT record query.
      The SPF record was found.

Additional Details

SPF record found: "v=spf1 ip4:******** ip4:******* +a +mx +ip4:******** -all"
    Elapsed Time: 190 ms.
    Parsing the SPF record and evaluating mechanisms and modifiers.
      The SPF record was parsed and evaluated successfully.

Additional Details
      Elapsed Time: 160 ms.

Test Steps

Evaluating IP address mechanism: "+ip4:*******"

Additional Details

IP address ****** didn't match entry ********.
    Elapsed Time: 0 ms.
    Evaluating IP address mechanism: "+ip4:********"

Additional Details

IP address ********** didn't match entry ********.
    Elapsed Time: 0 ms.
    Evaluating A Record lookup mechanism: "+a"

Additional Details

The DNS A Record lookup for IP address ******* found no match for domain '***********.com.br'.
    Elapsed Time: 38 ms.
    Evaluating MX mechanism: "+mx"
      The MX mechanism indicated a positive status.

Additional Details

The Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer matched MX lookup for *********.com.br to IP address **********.
    Elapsed Time: 121 ms.
    <input class=" __ecpStyleButton" id="testSelectWizard___CustomNav3_buttonStartOver" name="testSelectWizard$__CustomNav3$buttonStartOver" style="padding:8px 8px 8px 29px;text-align:left;border-style:none;cursor:pointer;background-image:url("/Images/ButtonsPanelStartOver16.png");background-background-repeat:no-repeat;" type="submit" value="Start Over" /><input class=" __ecpStyleButton" id="testSelectWizard___CustomNav3_buttonRunAgain" name="testSelectWizard$__CustomNav3$buttonRunAgain" style="padding:8px 8px 8px 29px;text-align:left;border-style:none none none solid;cursor:pointer;border-left-width:1px;border-left-color:#cccccc;background-image:url("/Images/ButtonsPanelBack16.gif");background-background-repeat:no-repeat;" type="submit" value="Run Test Again" />

© 2013 Microsoft | Version 3.9 | Feedback | Privacy | Terms of Use

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 12:23 PM
  • How about searching that email in the recipient's mailbox by running command on Exchange server?

Search-Mailbox -Identity "XXX" -SearchQuery "Subject:xxx"

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 12:59 PM
  • Hello,
    I did not understand this command.
    It seems to be missing something in it.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 3:36 PM
  • I made a new email account now in the field of Outlook.com

It seems that all these free emails from MIcrosoft uses only one instance of Exchange 2016, multi-tenancy solutions.

And Outlook.com domain also not send e-mail to my organization.

But my organization sends the email to the Hotmail and Outlook.com smoothly.

These fields can only receive the confirmation readings, but messages do not arrive in my organization.

I checked all possible configurations and there is not any errors or lack of configuration, no blocking blacklist ...

I do not understand this.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 3:45 PM
  • It seems that ese problem has to do with the certificate.
    My Certificate Exchange 2013 CU13 is internal, it is not public.

But use of this form from the 2010 version and never had any problems.

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/514630-can-t-receive-hotmail-emails-to-exchange-2010-certificate-issue

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 6:28 PM
  • Look what a miserable problem this.

I created a new email in my organization, and created a free email in the field of Outlook.com.

So I went in outlook.com and sent an email to my new email that I created in my organization.

And what my surprise? The email arrived.

But if I try to send again, another email to my organization via Outlook.com, incredibly email to arrive.

I've tried to send some 10 emails via Outlook.com for my organization and none of the emails arrived.

Result, the Outlook.com email server can send mail only once for my organization, then it simply stops sending email to my organization and does not return me any error it in Outlook.com email.

Someone for God's sake, have the phone Bill Gates?

This proves that has nothing to do with my not internal certificate.

I went back again at square one.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 9:03 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry for my misleading, I notice that most inbound mail flow works as expectation, however cannot send message from Outlook.com to your domain.

Thus, this issue is more related to Outlook.com, I recommend contact Outlook.com support team as your mentioned  to further assistance. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, August 28, 2016 4:47 AM