none
4.5 Day work week scheduling. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

New to MS Project here, I'm trying to plan a project where the company working hours are 08:30 till 17:00 mon-thurs and 08:30-14:00 fri (38.5 hours per week, taking lunch breaks into account). I've been able to set up a calendar in Project>Change Working Time, where I've reconfigured the default work week to reflect this.

This creates an issue with auto-scheduling, as when I schedule a task for a Friday with a duration of 1 day it runs over to the following Monday. (So if I start a task on a Monday and give it a duration of 10 working days, I finish on the

Is there a way of simplifying it so that the work-hour value of 1 day is dependant on which day it is?

Sorry if I've missed something.

Alex

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 10:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

this is a request I run into quite often in implementation projects. (Your working hours are common in Austria)

So far, I was also able to convince my customers to not implement Friday exception, but to work with 8:00-12:00 and 13:00-16:42, as working hours on all five days and 7,7hrs/day in File - Options - Schedule.

Project Managers always supported my approach: they did not want to think about a difference between a 3-days task starting on Monday or on Thursday. They are thinking in days, not in hours.

So maybe you can go to business and suggest this easier approach. There is no other way in simplifying this.

Regards
    Barbara

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 11:29 AM