none
ms15-011: Vulnerablility in Group Policy Coul Allow Remote Code Execution(3000483)

Question

• 

I have recently applied this update(ms15-011) to my Windows 2008 R2. According to Microsoft instructions this fix required a set of starter GPOs on the HQDC01. These starter GPOs were to be added to Group Policy and then be modified to restrict remote code execution. After the update and requisite restart I lost ability to open GP objects on HQDC01.

I have already transferred PDC functions (RID, PDC, and infrastructure). I have also a mission critical functions to the backup DC. Could someone with knowledge specific to this issue assist me with resolving this issue? Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 1:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• 

I have recently applied this update(ms15-011) to my Windows 2008 R2. According to Microsoft instructions this fix required a set of starter GPOs on the HQDC01. These starter GPOs were to be added to Group Policy and then be modified to restrict remote code execution. After the update and requisite restart I lost ability to open GP objects on HQDC01.

I have already transferred PDC functions (RID, PDC, and infrastructure). I have also a mission critical functions to the backup DC. Could someone with knowledge specific to this issue assist me with resolving this issue? Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 1:18 PM
  • > and then be modified to restrict remote code execution. After the update
    > and requisite restart I lost ability to open GP objects on HQDC01.

Seems Kerberos is not working in your Environment :)

On the affected Client computer, open regedit, navigate to
    HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\NetworkProvider\HardenedPaths
    and delete all values there.

Martin

Mal ein GUTES Buch über GPOs lesen?

NO THEY ARE NOT EVIL, if you know what you are doing: Good or bad GPOs?
    And if IT bothers me - coke bottle design refreshment :))
    Wednesday, February 25, 2015 2:14 PM