none
Exchange 2010

Question

• Hello every one,

We've got 3 nodes cluster in the DAG with Node Majority Quorum. 2 nodes in main site and 1 in DR. Next month, we will have power maintenance activity at our main site for 2 days during which we will shutdown the 2 main site nodes. We did test last week by powering off two nodes at main site after which cluster and DAG didn't come up and all the databases went into Dismounted state. Could you please provide the procedure on how to start the cluster and DAG with 1 node? I found couple of articles on how to start the DAG with 1 node, but I'm bit confused and need your support.

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 7:23 AM

Answers

• Thanks Sean for your response.

I will provision an additional mailbox server at DR site as we don't want to go under the same situation in case of any such power maintenance activity in the future. So management decided to have one more mailbox server there and have permanent fix for this issue.

And during DR test , we will promote our DR HUB/CAS server as a Primary Witness server.

Thanks once again for the update.

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 7:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Ammar,

To run from your DR environment in the current setup, have a look through the below article for Datacenter switchovers:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd351049(v=exchg.141).aspx

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful.

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 7:46 AM
  • Thanks Sean for your response.

I will provision an additional mailbox server at DR site as we don't want to go under the same situation in case of any such power maintenance activity in the future. So management decided to have one more mailbox server there and have permanent fix for this issue.

And during DR test , we will promote our DR HUB/CAS server as a Primary Witness server.

Thanks once again for the update.

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 7:15 AM
  • Hi Ammar,

Thanks for your response. If you don't mind, we'd suggest you mark the replies above as answers, so it will be easy for other community members to find the useful one/ones.

Thanks a lot for your understanding.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 8:07 AM