Strange intermittent problem: cannot type password in login screen RRS feed

• Question

•  

Greetings fellow steady state users,

I'm at a loss with an odd problem and I have not found anything documented on this. The problem is that sometimes, not always, when a user logs off and the login screen appears we are unable to type in the password textbox. When this happens we have to ctrl-alt-del-del to get the alternate login window and here we can type. We can cursor into the textbox and select it, but the text bar does not appear and typing results in nothing. It's as is the textbox is disabled.

Anyone else have a similar problem?

I have tried turning off various steady state options, removed anti-virus and spywear applications, etc. The only thing that resolves the problem is to shut off steady state. The problem occurs when the user is auto-logged off or manually logs off.

We are using Windows XP home, Steady State 2.5,

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 11:45 PM

Answers

•  

Hi, thank you for your feedback regarding the issue. Such kind of issue has been posted here before and currently the only workaround is to press CTRL+AL+DEL twice to get the log on window.

Friday, July 11, 2008 9:16 AM

All replies

•  

Hi, thank you for your feedback regarding the issue. Such kind of issue has been posted here before and currently the only workaround is to press CTRL+AL+DEL twice to get the log on window.

Friday, July 11, 2008 9:16 AM
  • This is too bad. Has anyone had any ideas on why this is happening?

Saturday, August 9, 2008 11:11 PM
  • Greeting's, has anyone an idea on how to turn "Steady State" OFF!

It is a real nuisance!

In fact I can't even install my Dell AIO 966 network printer on my system because I turned on this product.

Thanks to all!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 1:03 AM