none
Add Performance point 2007 dashboards to sharepoint 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I need to deploy the dashboards that i developed before on PPS 2007 to sharepoint 2010. i already deployed it before on Sharepoint 2007. is this visibile or i need to re-implement it again on sharepoint 2010 as PPS is embeded service?

Note:

i don't want to migrate my sharepoint 2007 into 2010. i just need to deploy some dashboards created on PPS 2007 into sharepoint 2010.

Thursday, April 19, 2012 1:51 PM

All replies

• You can use option under Central Administrator >> Manage Service Applications >> PerformancePoint Service application >> Import PerformancePoint 2007 Content

More details:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/performancepoint/archive/2010/02/25/upgrading-performancepoint-server-2007-to-pps-2010.aspx

http://dailyitsolutions.blogspot.com/

Thursday, April 19, 2012 4:50 PM
  • It is possible to import dashboards which were created using PerformancePoint 2007 by selecting the Import PerformancePoint Server 2007 Content link. However, before doing so, you will need to create a document library and a contents list to receive the imported information.

Here is how you can do this:

1. Navigate the web browser to the root of the business intelligence site (you need to create one if you haven't done so already)
    2. On the left hand pane, click on the Libraries link
    3. Click on the Create link
    4. Under Custom Lists, select PerformancePoint Contests List
    5. Give the newly created list a name and a description, then click the Create button
    6. Click the Libraries link
    7. Click Create
    8. Under Libraries, select the DataConnections Library for PerformancePoint
    9. Give the newly created library a name and a description, then click the Create button
    10. In the ribbon, on the Library tab, click on the Library Settings button
    11. Under the Content Types section, click the Add from existing content types link
    12. Select Document Content Types from the dropdown list
    13. Select Web Part Page, then click the Add button
    14. Click the OK button
    15. Verify that the Content Type list now shows Web Part Page listed

Now you are ready to import the PerformancePoint 2007 dashboards:

1. Select Central Adminstration
    2. Click on Manage PerferomancePoint Services
    3. Click on your PerformancePoint application name
    4. Click on Import PerformancePoint Server 2007 Content

Now you can use the document library and a contents list you have created in the previous set of steps. Bear in mind that, when requested to supply a SQL Server name, it is the Analysis Services server which is implied (and not the relational SQL server)

HTH

Monday, April 30, 2012 7:17 PM