Skype for Business logon error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are a small organisation using Office 365. One of our Skype for Business users cannot log on and gets the following error: "Skype for Business couldn't find a Skype for Business server for <removed>. There might be an issue with the Domain Name System (DNS) configuration for your domain. See KB2566790 for details and contact your system admin"

Now everyone else in the organisation can log on to SFB no problem and we all use the same domain. I can log on to SFB on her machine, but she gets the same error when she tries to logon to SFB on other machines as well. 

I have checked the above KB however no one else in our organisation gets this error, whether they are signing in internally or outside of our network.

I'm not sure what else to try. Any help greatly appreciated.

Brett

Monday, March 13, 2017 12:25 AM

All replies

• Deleted
    Monday, March 13, 2017 4:17 AM
  • Yes agree with Shankars clarification regarding License, could you confirm  on that part as its  not working on other machines as well. it could be account related or license

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Monday, March 13, 2017 5:48 AM
  • Hello,

Sorry for the late reply. Yes the user has an E3 licence assigned and has no trouble using Word, Outlook, Excel etc which are licensed against her name.

Brett

Monday, March 13, 2017 11:27 PM
  • Hi downcomesthe.night,

Regarding this issue, because it happens to the specific user, so we suggest you compare user attributes in AD between the affected user and other normal users.

Moreover, since you use SFB online, you could also post this issue in SFB online forum (this forum is for SFB on premise), there are more experts will help you resolve this issue, thanks for your understanding.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Wednesday, March 15, 2017 8:25 AM
    Tuesday, March 14, 2017 2:18 AM
  • Deleted
    Tuesday, March 14, 2017 2:48 AM