Driver RRS feed

• Question

• I changed my driver and I don't like it. How can I go back to what came with my HP?

Saturday, November 4, 2017 5:50 PM

Answers

• Hi Peggy Shearer,

As Luigi Bruno mentioned, you may revert the driver to the previous version by [Restore].
    [Control Panel] > [System and Security] > [Backup and Restore] >

[Recover system settings or your computer] > [Open System Restore] > [Next]

*** note ***
       You may not be able to see what you want in the list. 
       System Restore points are not always created. Sometimes it is not created.
       But you can create it manually.

I hope you will provide name and version of the driver you want to revert.

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Sunday, November 5, 2017 3:43 AM
  • Hi Peggy Shearer.

The simplest action you could take is applying a restore point to revert back your system to the state it was before updating the driver.
    As an alternative, open the Windows Device Manager, right click the device whose driver you've updated, right click it and choose the option to uninstall; then you can restart your PC and reinstall the driver version you prefer.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Saturday, November 4, 2017 7:08 PM

All replies

• Hi Peggy Shearer.

The simplest action you could take is applying a restore point to revert back your system to the state it was before updating the driver.
    As an alternative, open the Windows Device Manager, right click the device whose driver you've updated, right click it and choose the option to uninstall; then you can restart your PC and reinstall the driver version you prefer.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Saturday, November 4, 2017 7:08 PM
  • Well restore-point will/could work,but best bet,R.click my computer/properties/device mgr/expand the updated

device,R.click on it,select: update driver,or one could uninstall it,exit,restart pc.Win OS reinstalls it to default

on restart (Best bet).....

Sunday, November 5, 2017 3:42 AM
  • Hi Peggy Shearer,

As Luigi Bruno mentioned, you may revert the driver to the previous version by [Restore].
    [Control Panel] > [System and Security] > [Backup and Restore] >

[Recover system settings or your computer] > [Open System Restore] > [Next]

*** note ***
       You may not be able to see what you want in the list. 
       System Restore points are not always created. Sometimes it is not created.
       But you can create it manually.

I hope you will provide name and version of the driver you want to revert.

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Sunday, November 5, 2017 3:43 AM