none
error deploying flash

Question

• Hi everyone,

I want to deploy Adobe flash player using SCCM 2012 R2 with autoupdate disabled.
    and my deployment is failing.

I used orca and created mst file 

(NewCustomAction1″ in the action column in the right panel and edited that row’s target to read “-install -msi -au 2″).

and tried the below command lines,

msiexec /i "install_flash_player_15_active_x.msi" /qn TRANSFORMS="flash.mst" /norestart
    msiexec /i "install_flash_player_15_active_x.msi" /qn /t flash.mst /norestart

I am getting the below error in eventviewer on the client computer.

Product: Adobe Flash Player 15 ActiveX -- Error 1722.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action NewCustomAction1,
    location: C:\Windows\TEMP\InstallAX_15_0_0_189.exe, command: -install -msi -au2

Please do guide me ?

Saturday, October 25, 2014 8:07 PM

Answers

All replies

• Why are you creating a custom action? That's not how it works at all. You can't just make stuff up and expect the application or Windows Installer to know what you want.

Disabling auto-update for flash, to my knowledge, is *not* and *cannot* be done during installation as the setting to enable or disable auto-update is contained within a file. Thus, you need to edit the file, mms.cfg specifically (from memory) to accomplish this. There are a variety of ways to do this including the compliance baseline I pointed you at in your previous thread.

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

• Proposed as answer by Parvez Akkas Sunday, October 26, 2014 4:16 AM
    Saturday, October 25, 2014 8:43 PM
  • Just have a cmd or batch file that installs the standard flash MSI without your transform.

Then in the cmd after the line that installs flash have a copy command to copy the mms.cfg to the system32\Macromed\Flash folder or syswow64 if 64bit device.

ORCA is one really cool app, but you have to know windows installer pretty well before you can use it. I would recommend learning it with something like installshield, great interface and you will learn what's going off in the back end (tables) as you make simple changes in the GUI.

Sunday, October 26, 2014 11:21 AM
  • Hi i got it i made a mistake -install -msi -au2 ( i did not give space after au)

-install -msi -au 2 this is it.

Sunday, October 26, 2014 5:53 PM
  • Here you can find everything you need to know to disable the autoupdate

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/administration-configure-auto-update-notification.html

mms.cfg can be found or should be place in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

Sunday, October 26, 2014 10:32 PM