Odd Behavior with ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 RRS feed

• Question

• I've installed PAS 6.3 on a seperate server from my SSAS instance because I am running 64-bit on the SSAS server (w/ WSS 3.0).  When I published a book, I got the "cube cannot be found" message when attempting to view the book through the web app.  This was expected since I hadn't set up Kerberos yet.  So I configured Kereberos correctly I hope, but now when I click on the library where I published my book and then on the book, I get redirected back to the list of libraries.  I never see the list of available pages in my book.

Has anyone run into this before? I'm not sure if it's a security problem or a web app problem.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

Thursday, April 24, 2008 11:05 PM

Answers

• The looping back to the libraries is likely NTFS permissions on the PAS directory. 

I would like to have you verify the NTFS rights; all PAS users should be as follows:

$\inetpub\wwwroot\PAS - READ
    $\inetpub\wwwroot\PAS\CACHE - READ, WRITE, MODIFY
    $\inetpub\wwwroot\PAS\EN\TEMP - READ, WRITE, MODIFY

Rights on the PAS virtual directory in IIS should be as follows for each PAS user:

Right click PAS and PASUploads, then on permissions:

Each PAS user will need to be able to Read, Write, and modify. You can try giving the everyone group these rights as a test and modify security later to provide the granularity.

-Joey

Friday, April 25, 2008 4:30 PM