none
Exchange 2007 recovery RRS feed

• Question

• Situation:

DPM providing hourly protection of Storage Group on Exchange 2007 SP2. Exchange server crashes...and I lose the database, but not the logs.  I Restore from DPM successfully from the Latest option.  Database is in a clean state, and I have  30 minutes of logs (not backed up by DPM) that I'd like to replay into the database (they weren't part of the last backup in DPM).

Looking at various sources they suggest running eseutil with /c option to perform a hard recovery of the database.  they also mention looking for restore.env and running if from there, but I don't see a restore.env folder.  Is this supposed to be there already or created by the restore process.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998303(EXCHG.80).aspx

On some more investigation...looks like this option is only available on legacy streaming backups?? Does the DPM team have a solution for replaying logs that have not been backed up yet on restored DPM databases?

thanks

Homer

• Moved by MarcReynolds Monday, November 29, 2010 2:37 PM (From:Data Protection Manager)
    Monday, November 29, 2010 1:18 AM

Answers

• Hi Homer,

If you recover Exchange Storage Group from the "Latest" point in time  and the 30 minutes of logs(not backed up by DPM) are present on the Exchange server then DPM automatically takes care of the not backed up logs. You need not to manually reply the log files.

Regards,

Nagesh

Nagesh[MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 11:00 AM