none
How to create Users and Resources in Project Online

Question

• Hi,

Do we need to create a user in Office 365 before creating a user in PWA : I expect to use sync with Active Directory.

Thanks

Saturday, January 12, 2019 11:07 AM

Answers

• Hello,

The Office 365 user will need to exist first before you add the user to Project Online if the user needs to be able to log in to Project Online PWA. If the user just needs to be able to be assigned to tasks in projects in Project Online and not need to login to Project Online PWA, this means they are just a resource in PWA that is not linked to a user account. In the scenario where they are just resources and not login in, they do not need to exist as a user in Office 365.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Sunday, January 13, 2019 9:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Robert,

Generally, if you would like the sync functionality with AD, you will have to create the O365 account beforehand. This way when you are creating a user/resource, you can then use the options shown below to directly pull in the user details (such as user display name, email address etc.) from the AD account.

Let me know if you would need any other explanation!

Thanks,

Abhi

Saturday, January 12, 2019 10:17 PM
  • Hi, 

Is it mandatory to create the Office 365 account? I don't understand how that works...

Thanks

Sunday, January 13, 2019 8:40 AM
  • Hello,

The Office 365 user will need to exist first before you add the user to Project Online if the user needs to be able to log in to Project Online PWA. If the user just needs to be able to be assigned to tasks in projects in Project Online and not need to login to Project Online PWA, this means they are just a resource in PWA that is not linked to a user account. In the scenario where they are just resources and not login in, they do not need to exist as a user in Office 365.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Sunday, January 13, 2019 9:33 PM