6.3 Installation Errors RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I am trying to installl 6.3 and keep encountering error 1603 which is either to do with insufficient disk space, temp files or a locked file.  I have enough disk space and no locked files however I can only delete some temp files, there are 5 which I cannot delete, including 4 which are Perflib_Perfdata_6ec etc and one which is JETE049.tmp as apparently these are being used however they were only created when I last tried to install PAS.  I have just uninstalled 6.2 and have IIS 5.1. 

The error log mentioned that there was a problem with the iiscript.msi however I donwnloaded the latest version and it still does not work.

Does anyone have any ideas of where to try next? 

Thanks!

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 1:36 PM

Answers

• Try removing these directories and registry keys while logged in with the local admin account (not a domain account with local admin rights) on the server:

1) Remove PAS via Add/Remove Programs.

2) Delete C:\Program Files\ProClarity (x86 if 64-bit OS)

3) Delete C:\Program Files\Common Files\ProClarity (x86 if 64-bit OS)

4) Delete these keys from the registry (after backing it up):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls (delete any entries for ProClarity)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ProClarity
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ProClarity Corporation

Then reboot, log back in with the local admin account and reinstall PAS.  If you're installing on 64-bit, reboot following the installation, then log back in with the same local admin account and let me know if your results differ.

Thanks,

Bob

Thursday, March 27, 2008 4:24 PM

All replies

• We have seen this a few times in the past Larry.  It sounds as if you have looked at the usual suspects.  It sounds silly, but have you rebooted?  Check out this InstallShield link for next steps:

http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q111019

Thanks,

Bob

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 2:53 PM
  • I have tried every step on this list except D and E as they are irrelevant as I am using 2003, R2.  The Windows Installer CleanUp is not finding any traces of any old installations.  I have also tried installing on an XP os but got the same error.  Rebooting has no effect.

1. This error is known to occur on computers that do not have enough disk space for the installation. To increase your hard disk space, follow the instructions in How Do I Increase Hard Disk Space on My Computer?
    2. The temp directory is not clean. To clean the temp directory, follow the instructions in Clean the Temp Directory.
    3. A certain file on the machine is locked. To fix this:
      1. Close all applications running in the background.
      2. Reboot your computer.
      3. Run the installation again.
    4. If you are using Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, or NT, the Windows Installer Service may not be properly installed on the machine. Update the system with the latest Windows Installer Service by following the instructions in How Do I Install the Windows Installer Engine on My Computer?
    5. On Windows NT, 2000, or XP, make sure you have administrative privileges. To confirm you have administrative privileges, follow the instructions in Acquire Administrative Privileges on Your Computer.
    6. Use Microsoft’s Windows Installer Cleanup utility to remove traces of previous installations. This utility does not remove files installed by the installation, which may need to be removed manually. For more information, refer to Microsoft’s knowledge base article Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility.

I have managed to install 6.3 on a server which has 2003 R2, SP2 and IIIS 6.0 but this server had no previous ProClarity installation.

I am trying to install on a server which previously contained ProClarity 6.2 and has 2003, SP2 and IIS 6.0.  Installation requirements state that 2003 SP2 or R2 is sufficient so this shouldn't be a problem.

Any advice would be appreciated,

Thanks.

Thursday, March 27, 2008 3:50 PM
  • Try removing these directories and registry keys while logged in with the local admin account (not a domain account with local admin rights) on the server:

1) Remove PAS via Add/Remove Programs.

2) Delete C:\Program Files\ProClarity (x86 if 64-bit OS)

3) Delete C:\Program Files\Common Files\ProClarity (x86 if 64-bit OS)

4) Delete these keys from the registry (after backing it up):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls (delete any entries for ProClarity)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ProClarity
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ProClarity Corporation

Then reboot, log back in with the local admin account and reinstall PAS.  If you're installing on 64-bit, reboot following the installation, then log back in with the same local admin account and let me know if your results differ.

Thanks,

Bob

Thursday, March 27, 2008 4:24 PM