My Nividia Go 7300 not reconized by vista for driver updates RRS feed

• Question

• I want to update the driver for the card on my laptop but when I try to run the installer, The installer says that there no driver compatible I tried the beta drivers .24 and 42 off the site and the newest 158.18.

I there any clue why I cant install higher drivers. Im pretty sure the 158.18 was wsql stamped so that shouldn't be a problem.

any ideas let me know.
    Wednesday, May 16, 2007 10:52 PM

Answers

• O.k found my answer . It involved that the card drivers are specialy made for the pc and unless my pc manufacturer makes them there wont be new ones.

Thanks

Me
    Sunday, September 16, 2007 2:44 AM

All replies

• O.k found my answer . It involved that the card drivers are specialy made for the pc and unless my pc manufacturer makes them there wont be new ones.

Thanks

Me
    Sunday, September 16, 2007 2:44 AM
  •  

Don't be satisfied with that, instead follow the below instructions to be able to install the latest Nvidia drivers:

1. Download the latest driver from www.nvidia.com

2. Run the installation file and let the files unpack to c:\Nvidia\WinVista\.....

3. Download a modified INF file from http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/ and replace the INF file found in the unpacked loaction

4. Run setup.exe and install the latest Nvidia driver on your laptop!

This has been working fine for me since RTM in November and the latest Nvidia drivers works much much better than the one Dell provide.

Sunday, September 16, 2007 9:39 AM