Windows Live Messenger Memory Leak Runaway Lockup RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello,

Today, on any machine that I tried on the internet ( onsite or off ) I notice that when I logged into Windows Live Messenger that the memory use on the msnmgr.exe process quickly ran upwards into the 700xxx- to - gigabyte range and messenger locked up.  I went to status.live.com and there was a report of issues and that the problem had been resolved. 

But, on many machines the my issue remained.  The only workaround I found was to launch Windows Live Messenger, and very quickly switch it from "Compact View" into "Full View" at which point the behaviour ceased.  Unfortunately this only worked for my Windows Live Essentials 2011 machines. The older version continue to suffer the problem.

Hopefully this is part of the problem that Microsoft is addressing, but meanwhile I have most at least functional in Full view.

-Patrick 

• Changed type Cloud_TS Tuesday, October 9, 2012 1:18 AM redirect
    Wednesday, September 26, 2012 6:34 PM

All replies

• You can also chat from msn on outlook.com
    Wednesday, September 26, 2012 7:21 PM
  • I just wanted to let you know, I had the same issue.  Was running live 2011.  Uninstalled and reinstalled Live 2012.  Still had the issue.  Switched to full view and it worked.  Just wanted to let someone know.

Thanks

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 7:42 PM
  • Hi,

It seems this is a windows live messenger issue, please ask a question in Windows Live Messenger forum for help:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/messenger?auth=1

Alex Zhao

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:04 AM