none
Backing Up a Bare Metal Windows Server 2008 and Restoring to a 2008 Hyper in a 2012 Host RRS feed

• General discussion

• I need to decommission a 2008 server which is presently the only server on the domain but for various reasons I need to restore it in the new physical server which is running server 2012 without making any changes to the configuration. All applications and files should be accessible with minimal configuration changes.

I have already done a backup of the bare metal but the image size is too large to put on USB or DVD. 

Suggestions and advice will be appreciated.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 9:29 PM

All replies

• you means you have the system image,but can not put on USB or DVD to restore it in the new physical server. if that you can try use AOMEI Backupper Server edition, which have the function of the universal restore.this software with universal restore feature allows you to restore a system image backup created on one computer to restore it on another with different hardware.with all the preparations completed,the steps for dissimilar hard ware restore are easy and straightforward. if you don't to reinstall all applications and files, you can try the system backup and file backup to recover the configurations.

Thursday, May 28, 2015 2:25 AM
  • Completed
    Thursday, April 11, 2019 3:51 PM