SharePoint 2010 Lists Freeze IE On AppV Machines RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

This is one of a couple of problems we've been unable to solve with AppV.

We have sequenced Office 2010 and installed the Deployment Kit onto the client machines (Windows 7 Machines Only). However when viewing most SharePoint 2010 pages Internet Explorer becomes non responsive.

This occurs right after the Softgrid client shows up notifying us that it is starting the "Microsoft SharePoint Client Support Manager" application.

IE becomes responsive again after 3 - 10 minutes and the content continues to load.

This often occurs on pages with Lists, Document Libraries, or Calendars.

After IE has frozen for the first time it's normally good for the next few hours.

Has anyone else run into this issue? Or am I possibly missing something to do with the proxies?

Monday, July 26, 2010 5:49 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Any particular activity during this waiting period?

/Znack
    Monday, July 26, 2010 9:06 AM
  • Hi Znack,

Everything that isn't IE continues to run as normal.

No abnormally high CPU or resource usage.

Just IE freezes and seems to wait for something.

Monday, July 26, 2010 10:29 PM
  • Correction, IE doesn't freeze.

It still shows activity (as though it is loading the page) but cannot click on anything or get it to respond in any way.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 2:57 AM
  • Hello,

well - yeah. I wasn't to worried about CPU-load.

If using a monitoring tool - what type of registry activity is going on? What type of network traffic is happening? What files are beeing written / read?

/Znack
    Tuesday, July 27, 2010 4:37 AM
  • I'm experiencing the same issue. Have you been able to find a fix for this problem?

Monday, August 2, 2010 6:18 PM
  • Hello,

I have the same problem with Sharepoint 2003 and Office 2010 Standard with App-V.

As the IE is still activ I wait for 30 min and then the Sharepoint Website was loaded and I can browse the content.

If I try to open a Office Document from this page, the IE get unusable again and after 15 min the document is opened.

The Sharepoint Proxy starts while the 30min and 15 min serveral times and close immediately.

I will do more investigation and Upload the SFTlog / ProcessExplorer Capture / Eventlog....

I try to add the SFTlog and ProcessExplorer Capture but I don't know how to add files here...therefore I upload the files to a public skydrive share. http://cid-34b26cc463b35338.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Public

• Edited by heni79 Monday, August 9, 2010 1:40 PM Add SFTLOG & ProcessExplorer
    Monday, August 9, 2010 10:44 AM
  • Thanks heni,

I've been quite busy with other things and haven't had a chance to collect the info Znack was after.

Has anyone else solved this problem, it's just niggling somewhere at the bottom of a pile of problems I'm trying to work out at the moment.

Monday, August 16, 2010 4:20 AM
  • Has anyone managed to solve this, it's still slowly driving me mad...
    Wednesday, September 1, 2010 12:49 AM
  • Hi Stubbers,

I was in Holiday but now I will do more investigation and post my results here.

Maybe we will then find a solution.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 8:14 AM
    • Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, September 28, 2010 11:18 PM
    • Marked as answer by Stubbers Wednesday, September 29, 2010 6:12 AM
    Tuesday, September 28, 2010 3:58 PM
  • That is absolutely the answer. With the SharePoint Proxy running in the background at all times the delay is barely noticeable.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 6:13 AM