Computer hangs on boot RRS feed

• Question

• My PC hangs during BIOS either at the point where it recognizes the drives or some point after. If it makes it past that point it usually runs very slowly. Sometimes it will get as far as the loading windows bar, but will then freeze. I tried booting up in Safe Mode and it made it as far as loading crcdisk.sys. I have an LCD poster and it says "init ROM" at the point where the PC freezes. I can't even boot from a CD to run repair. I have been running my current setup for over two years with no problems. Any ideas before I start ripping out parts? At this point I am leaning toward a hard drive issue.

Mobo: Asus Striker II

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450

Disk: 2x500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 (with updated firmware)

RAM: 2x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR2

Thursday, December 16, 2010 7:09 PM

Answers

• Hi,

From your description, I understand that the boot process won't past BIOS. An attempt to boot into Safe Mode was made but system froze at loading crcdisk.sys. You can't boot from CD as the poster freeze the PC.

Given that, it is probably a hardware issue. If it is the case, I need to suggest that you contact hardware manufacturer for support.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 8:40 AM