Repetition of letters in Word RRS feed

• Question

• When I type last few letters of the previous word get repeated. It heppens only after period breaks. It is annoying and slows down work. How can I fix this? Thank you.

Sunday, April 15, 2018 5:52 PM

All replies

• When I type last few letters of the previous word get repeated. It heppens only after period breaks. It is annoying and slows down work. How can I fix this? Thank you.

It seems to be a typing performance issue in Word. Check if there is any issue in other Office apps such as Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.

For general troubleshooting, please try the following steps to narrow down the issue:

1. Make sure you have installed latest updates for Office and Windows.
    2. Disable third-party add-ins in Word : Click File > Options > Add-ins, select Manage COM Add-ins, click Go. View the add-ins list, clear the checkbox for third-party add-ins.
    3. Start Word in safe mode to load no templates, then click File > New to create a new blank document and type letter to check if the issue can be reproduced. To start Word in safe mode, please follow:
      Press Win+R to open Run in Windows, type winword /safe, press Enter.
    4. Select the Disable hardware graphics acceleration option in the File > Options > Advanced dialog box.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 16, 2018 9:04 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?

If my reply is helpful to this question, please remember to mark it as answer. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 10:03 AM