none
Installation of DNS Server on RODC

Question

• Hi,

Normally when i install RODC , I checked the option DNS server in Dcpromo wizard , some how i forget to select this option to chek during DCpromo.

I installed DNS server role later on RODC but i cannot see any zone replicating from other primary domain controllers(writeable).

Regards
    Usman Ghani

Usman Ghani - MCITP Exchange 2010

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 8:07 AM

All replies

• Hi

Check this article for "RODC Post-Installation Configuration"

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc742490(WS.10).aspx

You need to configure necessary enlist partitions on dns..

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees,and confers no rights. Best regards Burak Uğur

• Proposed as answer by Jay GuModerator Thursday, February 16, 2017 4:28 AM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2017 8:11 AM
  • Dear,

Best way is demote and promote it again with the DNS setting enabled. This will replicate all the DNS information and AD information.

Thanks

Syed Abdul Kadar M.

Dont forget to mark as Answered if you found this post helpful.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 8:37 AM
  • Hi Usman,

Normally when i install RODC , I checked the option DNS server in Dcpromo wizard , some how i forget to select this option to chek during DCpromo.

I installed DNS server role later on RODC but i cannot see any zone replicating from other primary domain controllers(writeable).

>>>As mentioned the article, which provided by Burak, you need enlist DNS server (RODC) in the DNS application directory partitions with command line.

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 16, 2017 4:28 AM
  • Hi,

If the reply above has resolved your problem, please mark it as answer.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 27, 2017 3:39 PM