Customize List / Related Lists disabled in SharePoint Online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

SharePoint lists are great. They are even greater with lookup fields which enable relations between lists. It would be greatest, if one could use backlinks from referred list items to their referring list items. As far as I know the SharePoint slang for this concept is "related lists".

Web research indicates, that one shall open the referred list in classic mode, then click the list tab, then in segment "Customize List" click the button "Form Web Parts" and then related lists would be configurable.

I'm using SharePoint Online and the button "Form Web Parts" is disabled / greyed out. The only fix I found on the web suggested that I should enable scripting on the SharePoint Admin. This has been approached some weeks ago. The button does not enable. And yes, I'm logged in as the overall holy big boss admin.

Are "related lists" available/possible in SharePoint Online? If no, is there any other option to implement inverted lookup fields?

A thousand thanks in advance.

Sincerely, Mayk.

• Edited by m.a.y.k Thursday, January 30, 2020 8:36 AM clarified question
    Wednesday, January 29, 2020 2:00 PM

Answers

• Hi Mayk,

Whether you want to know which items in the parent list are referred by the child list?

You could run below PowerShell to allow custom script on other SharePoint sites.

Set-SPOsite <SiteURL> -DenyAddAndCustomizePages 0

Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/allow-or-prevent-custom-script

Best regards,

Emily Du

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, January 30, 2020 9:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Mayk,

Whether you want to know which items in the parent list are referred by the child list?

You could run below PowerShell to allow custom script on other SharePoint sites.

Set-SPOsite <SiteURL> -DenyAddAndCustomizePages 0

Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/allow-or-prevent-custom-script

Best regards,

Emily Du

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, January 30, 2020 9:30 AM
  • Thank you for the suggestion. In the beginning, I was sure that I had enabled scripting and customization on the web based admin page.

Get-SPOSite https://contoso.sharepoint.com | Select-Object -Property DenyAddAndCustomizePages

DenyAddAndCustomizePages
    ------------------------
                    Disabled

Then I gave your suggestion a second thought. What if this setting has a narrower scope than I initially understood?

Get-SPOSite https://contoso.sharepoint.com/sites/FunkyGroupSite | Select-Object -Property DenyAddAndCustomizePages

DenyAddAndCustomizePages
    ------------------------
                     Enabled ← !!!

So I enabled scripting and customization for the correct site (i.e. site url including path to site). Will let you know, whether it worked when the 24h are over.

• Edited by m.a.y.k Thursday, January 30, 2020 10:30 AM
    Thursday, January 30, 2020 10:28 AM
  • Hi Mayk,

I am looking forward to your feedback if there is any update.

Best regards,

Emily Du

Friday, January 31, 2020 1:15 AM
  • Thank you so much! The buttons Default New Form, Default Display Form and Default Edit Form in the menu Form Web Parts are enabled now. Their link function alters the page.

• Edited by m.a.y.k Wednesday, February 5, 2020 7:36 PM Prägnanz
    Monday, February 3, 2020 1:20 PM