Exhange MP - SMPT channel of all possible exchange only critical alerts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to create an SMTP channel within SCOM12 to alert a specific distribution group of any critical problem with exchange (not interested in other apps with this channel)

I'm really struggling to find a group to set as the source of the alerts when defining the criteria...

i've tried looking at the default alert view in the exchange MP and tried to replicate the view and use the group in the channel but it doesn't work. i've looked at the guide -> class hierarchy -> and tried to find 'root' (couldn't find this as an option) and 'organisation' (found this, but didn't work).

does anyone know the group that the exchange mp uses to collate all alerts onto it default alerts view?

thanks

Thursday, November 22, 2012 11:49 AM

Answers

• hi,

I think not all the Exchange objects are in this group. you might want to add more pre-defined Exchange groups to this subscription. The test alert you are creating needs to be on an object that resides in the groups you add. To see which objects are in the group right click it and choose show members.

regards,

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, December 3, 2012 1:40 AM
    Saturday, November 24, 2012 6:12 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The way i would configure this is setup the channel and configure the groups needed form the Exchange management pack. Here is a screen on how i do this for Exchange 2010 objects:

You can add the groups you like here.

Additionally you can configure the "of a specific severity" to have only the criticals notify.

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but i hope it helps.

Thursday, November 22, 2012 1:32 PM
  • @ Marthijn van Rheenen

Yes that is what i'm looking for :0) - Critical + exchange only alerts - but... i've tried the group that you have suggested already :0( ... were you able to get it to work??

I created a new alert view to 'test' the group selection and that works but the email doesnt fire through (we have already set up notifications for warnings and a catch all critical notification (but we want one specifically for the exchange team)), we know the email notifications work...

• Edited by CurbysanPan Friday, November 23, 2012 9:53 AM
    Friday, November 23, 2012 9:40 AM
  • hi,

I think not all the Exchange objects are in this group. you might want to add more pre-defined Exchange groups to this subscription. The test alert you are creating needs to be on an object that resides in the groups you add. To see which objects are in the group right click it and choose show members.

regards,

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, December 3, 2012 1:40 AM
    Saturday, November 24, 2012 6:12 PM