none
Replicate fail & "The target account name is incorrect" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have an problem it's name ""The target account name is incorrect""

I have configure Active Directory Sites and Services for 4 DC for replication.

VN: DC1, DC2

Japan: DC3, DC4

Unfortunately, when there is a power outage problem. The problem occurs.

The replicate from VN --> JP: Fail

VN--> VN: OK.

JP--> JP: OK

And when i smb to this server on Japan (\\dc3, \\dc4, \\dc3.domain.com, \\dc4.domain.com). it's show the issue "The target account name is incorrect", but i can access with the IP address instead.

I checked by "nslookup" name server is still correct. Ex: dc3.domain.com ....

I had checked the DNS as search on google and Microsoft fix. But not effect.

Could you please view and help me fix this issue?

Thanks you very much,

Tony.

Thursday, June 20, 2019 2:45 AM

All replies

• Hello Tony,

Thank you for posting in this forum.

This issue may be caused by the replication failure. I found a post related to this, please check the methods inside it to see if they are useful.

Logon failure: the target account name is incorrect

Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Leon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 20, 2019 5:42 AM
  • Hi HK.Leon,

Thanks for quick feedback. All link has been dying. I can not access anything.

Thank you,

Tony

Thursday, June 20, 2019 6:39 AM
  • Hi Tony,

Can't you access the server even with \\FQDN?

Although most of the links have expired, Amanda has given corresponding suggestions for each cause.

Have you tried those suggestions?

Best Regards,

Leon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 20, 2019 7:54 AM
  • Hi Leon,

I had try again with: ipconfig /flushdns & ipconfig /registerdns & net stop netlogon & net
    start netlogon....

And not effect with my case....

Thanks,

Tony

Thursday, June 20, 2019 9:38 AM
  • Hi Tony,

What's the result if you access DC with \\FQDN?

What's the result if you use UNC \\servername\shares to visit the share on DC?

Best Regards,

Leon

Friday, June 21, 2019 5:50 AM
  • Hi Leon,

I successfully with access \\IP

but i can not reach with smb to \\FQDN and \\servername ...

Thank you,

Tony

Monday, June 24, 2019 1:52 AM
  • Hi Tony,

Do the following on the machine that cannot access the share:

Run Notepad as an administrator. Select File->Open->Windows(C:)->Windows->System32->drivers->etc, click on the Text Document in the lower right corner, select All Files, and then double-click to open the hosts file.

Add a record of the server in the hosts file. The IP address of the server is on the same line as the host name. Enter the IP address first and then enter the host name. There must be at least one space between the IP address and host name.

Best Regards,

Leon

Monday, June 24, 2019 8:14 AM
  • Hi Leon,

I step by step as your guide. 

Ex:

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
    # 127.0.0.1       localhost
    # ::1             localhost

192.168.30.29 dc.domain.com

But the problem still occurs

Thanks,

Tony

Monday, June 24, 2019 8:26 AM
  • Hi Tony,

After adding the record, save this file and then close it. But you still can't access the share via \\dc.domain.com, right?

Best Regards,

Leon

Monday, June 24, 2019 8:32 AM
  • Hi Leon,

That's right.

Thanks,

Tony

Monday, June 24, 2019 9:28 AM
  • Hi All,

Can anyone help me with this situation?

Thanks,

Tony

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 8:48 AM
  • Hi Tony,

What is the operating system of the client and server?

Maybe we can find more information of this issue in event viewer.

But there is no such log in earlier operating systems.

Best Regards,

Leon

Thursday, June 27, 2019 9:17 AM
  • HI Leon,

Thanks for coming back.

It's show Event log error 1311 on EVENT.

Thanks,

Tony

Friday, June 28, 2019 4:47 AM
  • Hi Tony,

Windows Server 2008 R2 does not record SMB-related logs in detail. I suggest that you post in the AD forum to resolve the issue of replication failure first.

AD forum: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=winserverDS

Best Regards,

Leon

Friday, June 28, 2019 8:22 AM
  • Hi Tony,

Windows Server 2008 R2 does not record SMB-related logs in detail. I suggest that you post in the AD forum to resolve the issue of replication failure first.

AD forum: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=winserverDS

Best Regards,

Leon

Hi Leon,

Unfortunately, it's not fix for my case...

whether, if have any case ?

Thanks,

Tony

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 2:41 AM
  • Hi Tony,

I mean to post in the AD forum to solve the problem of replication failure first.

I checked your activity and it seems that you didn't consult on the AD forum.

Here is a network forum where we help you solve the problem of not being able to access the share. After trying out the methods provided above, now we can only get more information by capturing the packet. But the forum is a public place, the packet always contains a lot of private information, and we won't let you provide information that contains your privacy.

Best Regards,

Leon

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 9:55 AM