Suggestion for Windows 7 Snap Feature RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi All,

Ive just been thinking about this new "snap" feature in Windows 7.

Can it be modified so that you can compare more than 2 items vertically next to each other ?

So for instance you want to compare items horizontally (snap to top and bottom of screen), or 4 items in squares (snap to each corner of the screen).

How about including a feature where you can choose how many documents you want to snap when snapping the first doucment so that the size of the windows are proportion.

I would like to hear your thoughts

Thanks Becki x
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 4:40 PM

All replies

• It’s not quite what you want but you can show multiple windows side by side. Right-click the Taskbar > Show windows side by side. Reset it by clicking Undo side by side.
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 6:23 PM
  • I mean all this as an idea for microsoft to improve the snap feature, Sorry i should of made theis clear

Thanks Becki x
    Friday, October 30, 2009 1:54 PM
  • Do you mean the snipping tool Becki ?
    Regards Picsoe
    Friday, October 30, 2009 1:59 PM
  • I think that would be a bit of overkill snapping more than 2 windows.

Anyway, my suggestion for that would be: introduce tabs to the Explorer (just like in IE). On Vista I was using QTTabbar (qttabbar.wikidot.com) which boosted my productivity working with files by 100%. It kinda still work on 7 but it's broken.

It's painful to use multiple Explorer windows for that. Most apps are in one window, even Photoshop introduced tabs for multiple open documents and it works awesome.
    Friday, October 30, 2009 9:34 PM