none
Get rid of Lync 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I did cutover migration from Lync 2010 on-prem.to Skype FB in Office 365. I have removed servers etc. Just need to do a clean up and I´m not able to delete from ADSIEdit. I try to remove CN=RCT Service (Under Configuration->Services in Configuration AD partition). Any idea why?

Petr Weiner

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 5:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Try to right click the "CN=RTC Service", choice Properties, in the properties page, check if there is any value for the parameter "flag". If have, set it to null and then test again.

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, May 27, 2016 8:36 AM
  • Hello,

Flag attribute is empty (no value).

Petr Weiner

Friday, May 27, 2016 1:18 PM
  • check your admin user permissions, does the user part of Enterprise admins ? if not try with Enterprise admin privileges.

Note: Make sure you take complete backup of your AD before deleting/modifying any operation on ADSIEdit. which may lead to MI.

Regards, Rajukb | MCSE (Communication ), MCSA (o365) ,Certified "Lync server 2013 depth support engineer"| This posting is providedwith no warranties and confers no rights. If my reply answers your question please mark as answer/helpful if its helpful.

Friday, July 15, 2016 8:25 AM
  • Sure I´m Enterprise admin, that´s the reason why I have opened discussion here as it has very strange behavior.

Petr Weiner

Friday, July 15, 2016 9:37 AM
  • Hi Petr, 

We have also removed the components from the add or remove components as well , is that right and no service showing up running related to Lync 2010. 

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Friday, July 15, 2016 11:50 AM
  • I did it too, VM are already gone, but still that key persist.

Petr Weiner

Friday, July 15, 2016 3:09 PM
  • Also from ADSIEDIT

Default partition ->System->Microsoft->RTCService , can you check the components there if any Lync 2010 entries are there 

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Friday, July 15, 2016 3:24 PM
  • There is no container called Microsoft under Default partition - System in my AD.
    It exists only in the Configuration partition:

Configuration - Services - RTC Service and there are some in this branch.

Petr Weiner

Monday, July 18, 2016 7:15 AM