SCCM shows an update needed when it's already installed RRS feed

• Question

• One of our x64 Windows 2008 servers shows that it needs an update:

Update for Windows Server 2008 x64 Edition (KB955430) 

when I look at the report

Software Updates - A. Compliance > Compliance 6 - Specific computer

I've forced a Software Update Scan Cycle several times but it still shows it needs the update. I've looked through the windowsupdate.log, WUAHandler.log, UpdatesStore.log and UpdatesHandler.log and they all appear clean without discernable errors. Where might I look to see how it's detecting that it still needs this update?
    Orange County District Attorney
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 5:13 PM

Answers

• I did run the "Software Updates Deployment Evaluation Cycle" on the server several times. I finally uninstalled and reinstalled the client and low and behold, the client found that it didn't need the update. It's all clean. Thanks!
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 9:50 PM

All replies

• You might just be experiencing a timing issue.  It may take a while (I've waited as long as 2 hrs) before getting current information.  Did you check if the update required a reboot?  If it did, was the reboot performed?
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 6:28 PM
  • We installed the update on 5/8/09 and the server has been rebooted several times since. Maybe reinstalling SCCM client would help?
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 8:32 PM
  • I wouldn't do that yet.  Did you also try manually running the "Software Updates Deployment Evaluation Cycle" on the server?  Also, in the SCCM console select the workstation and check its properites to see the Agent Time of the Heartbeat is current.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 9:48 PM
  • I did run the "Software Updates Deployment Evaluation Cycle" on the server several times. I finally uninstalled and reinstalled the client and low and behold, the client found that it didn't need the update. It's all clean. Thanks!
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 9:50 PM