In VBE7, Step (F8) doesn't stop on each line but runs the macro through to the end RRS feed

• Question

•  

In VBE7 in Word 2010 32-bit on Win 7 32-bit, Step (F8) stops on the first two lines of code but then runs through the rest of the macro to the end.  Step (F8) is skipping.  We can't find why this is happening.

The last good Step-stop is on

Documents.Open FileName:="Latest Report.docx" ...

If I hit F8 again, that line and all the rest of the macro runs - no more stepping.

(If we put a manual breakpoint on the next line after the last good Step stop, F8 (Step) continues to work and behaves itself.)

Is there something about reaching out to another document (in the same folder in this case) that makes Step go nuts?

A few other people have hit this problem and blogged about it.  For example: Excel VBA Problem with Step, but the Registry change suggested there didn't help me.  And the problem is rare enough that it's not a big-enough itch for MS to scratch.

Ideas?  Thanks.

glnzglnz
    ► In the office, Dell Optiplex 7010 with 4GB RAM, Win 7 Pro 32-bit and Office 2010.
    ► At home, Dell Optiplex 7010 with 16GB RAM dual-booting Win 7 Pro 64-bit (now with Office 365 Home) and Win 10 Pro 64-bit.
    ► Also still have Dell Optiplex 755 with 4GB RAM with Win XP Pro SP3 (which still gets updates with the POS hack) and Office 2003.

• Edited by glnzglnz Sunday, September 18, 2016 11:45 AM
    Saturday, September 17, 2016 10:25 PM

All replies

• I have observed the same behavior with Word 2013 on Win 10. The only solution I have found is to insert multiple break points in the thread.

Kind Regards, Rich ... http://greatcirclelearning.com

Sunday, September 18, 2016 11:43 AM
  • Rich - try the suggestion at Excel VBA Problem with Step.

Let us know here if it helped you.  Didn't help me in Word.

glnzglnz
    ► In the office, Dell Optiplex 7010 with 4GB RAM, Win 7 Pro 32-bit and Office 2010.
    ► At home, Dell Optiplex 7010 with 16GB RAM dual-booting Win 7 Pro 64-bit (now with Office 365 Home) and Win 10 Pro 64-bit.
    ► Also still have Dell Optiplex 755 with 4GB RAM with Win XP Pro SP3 (which still gets updates with the POS hack) and Office 2003.

Sunday, September 18, 2016 11:53 AM