Sharing a DDI with two users RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible in Lync 2013 to share a DDI with two users? IE tel:+44207555555;ext=1234 & tel:+44207555555;ext=1233 for each user (as you can see different extensions). Id like the DID to be the same for both users so that when the number is dialled from the PSTN to Lync both users are called. Ideally i don't want to make any modifications on the upstream gateway to enable this.

Thursday, March 14, 2013 10:09 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Using the same DID number and different extension for the two users, they initiate calls to PSTN no prblem, but they can't receive the calls from PSTN. So you'd better assign the unique DID number for the two users, and set simultaneous ring for them that one number is dialed from the PSTN and two users are ringing.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Sean Xiao
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Steven Spray Wednesday, March 20, 2013 9:32 AM
    Sunday, March 17, 2013 3:50 AM

All replies

• HI ,

You mean i some one call on the mentioned number it should ring both users? If so you can use Response Group.

Thursday, March 14, 2013 11:36 AM
  • No i don't want a response group. I want both users to share the same DID but with different extentions.
    Thursday, March 14, 2013 11:49 AM
  • Hi,

Try to check it out this article http://www.lynclog.com/2011/05/enterprise-voice-lync-2010-one-of-many.html

And this..

http://ucken.blogspot.nl/2011/05/enterprise-voice-best-practices-in-lync.html
    • Edited by Raju_raju Thursday, March 14, 2013 1:28 PM More Info
    Thursday, March 14, 2013 12:15 PM
  • Hi,

Using the same DID number and different extension for the two users, they initiate calls to PSTN no prblem, but they can't receive the calls from PSTN. So you'd better assign the unique DID number for the two users, and set simultaneous ring for them that one number is dialed from the PSTN and two users are ringing.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Sean Xiao
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Steven Spray Wednesday, March 20, 2013 9:32 AM
    Sunday, March 17, 2013 3:50 AM
  • Thanks Sean. I suspected that was the case as this is the behavior i'm seeing in Lync as calls from the PSTN are being rejected for users with the same DID. Its a shame Lync doesn't have this flexbility as most PBX's do. But alas Lync isn't a PBX :-)
    Wednesday, March 20, 2013 9:32 AM