D-Link DWL-AG530 Code 31 error and freezing on boot RRS feed

• Question

• So i have just newly installed vista home premium SP2 32bit onto a totally new computer. When i stick in my D-Link DWL-AG530 wireless card it shows up in the device manager with the yellow caution triangle and the error code 31 "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device."

i've tried reinstalling the driver, and also with newer ones from D-Link http://support.dlink.ca/products/view.asp?productid=DWL%2DAG530#drivers and they all come back with the same error. 

now if i right click on the wireless card in the device manager and select "Scan for hardware changes" sometimes it'll fix the problem and the card will install and work wonderfully connecting to the internet and everything. But when i reboot, vista will freeze during the boot process (the sliding green bar part).

anyone got any ideas why any of this is happening?
    Thursday, June 26, 2008 5:07 AM

Answers

• so i had put it into another system with XP installed and the same thing happend so i presumed that it was a hardware problem with the AG530. Returned it for something else and everything went super smoothly so everything is great! Smile

thanks for the suggestion anyways!
    Saturday, June 28, 2008 4:59 AM

All replies

•  

Hi, I have two suggestions on this issue:

1.       Let's set a static IP address on the wireless card and check it still freezes on boot. If the issue still occurs, please let me know if the issue occurs after logging onto the desktop.

2.       Temporarily disable the wireless card and see if the issue is caused by it or other processes during system boot up.

Friday, June 27, 2008 3:59 AM
  • Hi,

i am having the same issues. brand new dell vostro towers 400 running windows xp home edition. the system freezes after i reboot. tried all versions from the dlink website and this doesnt seem to help. 

thanks,
    john
    Friday, June 27, 2008 7:58 PM
  • so i had put it into another system with XP installed and the same thing happend so i presumed that it was a hardware problem with the AG530. Returned it for something else and everything went super smoothly so everything is great! Smile

thanks for the suggestion anyways!
    Saturday, June 28, 2008 4:59 AM