Difficulty on Delta.com website RRS feed

• Question

•  

Help!

Whenever I go on Delta.com, and attempt to search for flights, the Internet Explorer gives an error message that states that Internet Explorer is shutting down.

I am using Microsoft Windows Vista, with Internet Explorer 7.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 12:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

My wife and I are getting the same error on seperate Vista (Premium) computers.  I'm running 64 bit on a LAN she's running 32 bit wireless.  We're also using Internet Explorer 7.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.   

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 1:07 AM
  •  

Can you post some more details on why IE is crashing from the error logs? Also start up IE without addons (right click on IE and click start without addons) and goto the website to ascertain if it is a plugin causing IE to crash.
    Wednesday, July 30, 2008 2:45 AM
  • I can confirm that this is now a common problem - this morning (here in Central Asia) I have tested on about 10 various PCs with various configurations, etc.  Most have XP (SP3), IE 7 and all "updates" from Microsoft.  The error in IE 7.0 is:

AppName: iexplore.exe            AppVer: 7.0.6000.16674        ModName: mshtml.dll

ModVer: 7.0.6000.16674         Offset: 00218d14

All systems report no problems in their registry... and the problem is ONLY on the reservation's page on delta.com

Would appreciate a quick reply/fix as I need to buy a ticket home!!!

Thanks

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 8:07 AM
  • P.S.  The above suggestion WORKS - that is if you disable the add ons by right clicking on IE icon... opening without add-ons and then going to the Delta.com website.

Thoughts?

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 8:18 AM
  • One last post.  Is anyone else out there using any of the Norton (symantec) products with this problem?  I have isolated one add-on called "NORTON CONFIDENTIAL"  (tools, manage add-ons, disable "norton confidential") in which case the DELTA.COM site and the reservations page works perfectly!

Thoughts?

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 8:35 AM
  • Looks like norton internet security is possibly stopping access to some component on that page. Please mark as answered if you found the suggestions useful so that other users can access answers faster.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 9:31 PM
  • Thanks MillionMiler!

Both of your suggestions worked. 

I'm also using Norton Internet Security 2008 and I did go through tools on IE to disable "Norton Confidential."  Delta.com seems to be working fine now. 

Thanks again!

Thursday, July 31, 2008 1:47 AM
  • Both my wife's and my computer have new installation of Norton 360 v.2 and neither can access Delta unless we disable Norton Confidential, Norton Toolbar and Symantec Intervention...Have been working with Tech Support (Symantec) for a week.  As yet unresolved.

Thursday, August 21, 2008 2:47 AM
  • Sadly, I can not report "good things" regarding Norton's Technical Support group and their willingness to listen/accept this problem.  I have provided to them, at their request, details of the problem and, apparent repair.

I can say - for reasons I do not quite understand - that if you disable both Confidential and Toolbar as I suggested above and then fully utilize the Delta Website a number of times - you can then, eventually, re-enable the Toolbar and Confidential and, voila, then the website will continue to work AND Norton will be fully operational.  This is how I have by-passed this problem on all the various systems here.  I realize this appears as a very untechnical "fix" but it did solve the issue.

Best of luck!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 6:20 AM